Stage Curtain!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
UGH! The crushed velet that Walmart had for $5 a yard is now gone and I was just about to build my stage. My plans are ruined! what else could I get that isn't $10 to $20 a yrd to make stage curtains out of?

Jinx

Reaction score
You might consider using a lightweight velour, which has a similar nap to it and is much cheaper than velvet. Around here it averages about $4-$6/yd. Some fabric stores also carry "Duvetyne" or "Commando Cloth" which are kind of velvet-like, but they do tend to have a stiffer quality to them.

Hope this helps!

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Ever heard of Joann's Fabrics? :stick_out_tongue:

I just saw some yesterday... nah! nah!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Yep.:stick_out_tongue: I've heard of it. Shop there quite a bit. I just can't see paying $12 a yrd for the fake crushed velvet stuff. I'll take a look at the light velour. I'm just feeling a little down because I had a great plan and it would have just been.......... beautiful *sob sob*:cry:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
I just can't see paying $12 a yrd for the fake crushed velvet stuff.
What?! Is that in Pesos? I remember it being around $6 or $7 but it's doubled and pretty wide so you would actually be getting double the amount in pretty big pieces. Besides.... Check your local weekend adds, because Joann's will take any competitors coupon and Michaels puts out 50% off regular price coupons just about every weekend. :stick_out_tongue:

Also, sign up for Joann's mailer on their website www.joann.com . They will send you a 40% off coupon as a thank you, and then you get regular flyers about once a month with either 40% or 50% coupons. Thats when I buy some materials in bulk. *grin*

ddavisborg

Reaction score
What about checking out your local discount store for those velux (sp?) blankets? They come in dark colors, are quite thick, and yet lightweight. Just a thought.