Stamps

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I have them, well sort of

The Muppet Stamps themselves go on sale tomorrow 9/29/05. However I went down to the James A. Farley Post Office In Manhattan and got a Mailing the Muppets Keep-In-Touch Kit. It includes a panel of 11 Jim Henson & The Muppets Stamps, 10 Colorful Stationery sheets and matching envelopes, and 10 jumbo postcards with Muppet Character depicted on the stamps. The price: $16.95.

I have it and you don't HA HA HA​

unclematt

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
The Muppet Stamps themselves go on sale tomorrow 9/29/05. However I went down to the James A. Farley Post Office In Manhattan and got a Mailing the Muppets Keep-In-Touch Kit. It includes a panel of 11 Jim Henson & The Muppets Stamps, 10 Colorful Stationery sheets and matching envelopes, and 10 jumbo postcards with Muppet Character depicted on the stamps. The price: $16.95.

I have it and you don't HA HA HA​
Thats a steal. I cant believe it is that cheap.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
It was

It was unfortunately the package says that it is not suitable for philatelic archiving, whatever that means. Since I'm not a stamp collector I have no idea what constitutes something as suitable/unsuitable for philatelic archiving.

unclematt

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
It was unfortunately the package says that it is not suitable for philatelic archiving, whatever that means. Since I'm not a stamp collector I have no idea what constitutes something as suitable/unsuitable for philatelic archiving.
I dont get it either. Is there a stamp collector that can help us out and explain this to us?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

got my Muppet Stamps today. she goes "haha, i know what your here for!" :smile: I only got one sheet......for now! they where only $4 and some cents. CHEAP!!! :wink: good deal! :zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Weeeee!!! I've been waiting for this. Still have to get mine; probably will tomorrow. I'm not sure how many sheets I'll get. It's so cool that they're out now! :smile: :smile:
Erin

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Got mine tonight. They look awesome. Picked up two sheets. One to mail and the other to keep. :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Isnt it exciting. I got mine today. They look so good and I love the Swedish Chef Stamp I think it is my favorite.

BEAR

Reaction score
Interesting story...

Funny story about when I FINALLY got my Muppet stamps.

I went down around 4:30pm to the Burbank post office and I overheard the postlady talking to a guy picking up some of the stamps. She was saying how she didn't like that the stamps didn't have Cookie Monster or Bert & Ernie on them. She kept saying things like "I don't understand why they aren't on here. They should have the more popular characters on the stamps. These guys just aren't as popular. Why don't they have Cookie Monster or Bert?" I just smirked and minded my business but it made me giggle a bit on the inside because she didn't really understand what she was saying. Oh well...

Anyway, I finally got my stamps after looking at every PO I could find in the area. The local PO in my town did not have them, atleast not yet. I figured Burbank was the best way to go since it is a bigger city and I think that is where the ceremony was, right. The stamps are cool. I got three sheets. I will probably frame one of them

unclematt

Reaction score
It is going to be hard to use any of them. I dont know if I will be able to.