1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Star Wars Episode 8 - "The Last Jedi" to debut December 15, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muppy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread dedicated directly for Star Wars news, rumors, etc. so I figured "Hey! How about I make one.".

Anyway, Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. I think its a dumb name (granted I haven't seen the movie yet, obviously) and sounds to similar to Return of the Jedi. Those are my two cents, what are yours?

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The title choice is interesting considering "Jedi" can be interpreted as plural or singular. We'll have to wait and see if there are indeed multiple Jedi in the next film.

It's also interesting to see "Star Wars" in red verses the normal yellow text.

[​IMG]

The first teaser trailer will debut this Spring. In the meantime, here's the brief production announcement from last February.

MikaelaMuppet and Muppy like this.
  3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Will this be the last movie for Star Wars?

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

No, there's gonna be a sequel in 2019, a Han Solo movie in 2018 and another Star Wars related film in 2020.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. Phillip

Here's the official teaser trailer and movie poster for "The Last Jedi" both announced today...

[​IMG]

6. Phillip

Here is "The Last Jedi" panel from Star Wars Celebration in Orlando on Friday April 14, 2017.

7. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I was at Celebration on Friday but missed the major panels but still had a great time! I love the Trailer has a good mix of Old Trilogy and Prequels and I love that!

Phillip and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. DARTH MUPPET

On the Star Wars Show they announced something special is dropping on Saturday at D23 Its either a Trailer or Sizzle Reel which Is a behind the scenes featurette with scenes from the movies, I enjoy Sizzle Reels almost as much as Trailers!

9. Phillip

Here's "The Last Jedi" behind-the-scenes video that premiered today...

10. Phillip

And here are the new teaser posters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DARTH MUPPET

this is a video I took at star wars celebration!

12. DARTH MUPPET

I just got my tickets for my family and me for my local Regal 11:45 AM Sunday the 17th! I am super excited but I never got my offer for a free poster did they run out? I actually haven't gotten my e mail confirmation yet but the tickets are hanging on my wall in two places in my house! I did print at home tickets!

[​IMG]

Phillip likes this.