Star Wars Weekends, Disney MGM

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Okay, a little shameless self promotion here...

I'm happy to announce I've been invited to appear at the Disney MGM Star Wars Weekends once more, for my character in Jedi, Nien Nunb (Lando's Co-pilot). I'll be the fourth weekend I think, 4th, 5th and 6th of June. My co-actor will be Warwick Davis so we should make a good pair. Remember he was also in Labyrinth so between that and Jedi, we'll have plenty to talk about.

I think we do 3 signings a day this year, the parade and a chat show with a Q & A each day. I know it will be immense fun! Another excuse to see MuppetVision 3D!!!

If anyone gets to come by, be sure to say hi okay?

Cool!

Later, Muppet pals.....

Mike Quinn

McFraggle

Reaction score
Mike,

Have you ever had the opportunity to meet George or any of the other main actors besides Billy Dee? What are they like?

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Hi McFraggle,

I'll try for the short answer here... I have found them to all be great! When they are not in "work mode" they are just like you and I, relaxed, friendly and human. Often they will be quieter and shyer than you might expect. Billy Dee thought I should have my own TV show (GO BILLY DEE!).

I saw Mark Hamill and his wife just 3 days ago. They were also good friends with Richard Hunt so needless to say we had plenty to talk about- HA HA!

George is actually very approachable and polite to fans (even when trying to grab dinner with his kids at local restaurants). That is pretty cool.

Mostly big celebs need to protect themselves from being mobbed or having their privacy invaded and that can be misinterpreted by the public as being rude or big-headed.

I'm generalizing but this holds true for most people in the public eye. Of course.... puppeteers are always cool and put their ego's into their characters instead!

Hope that goes part way to answering your question.

Best wishes and take care,

Mike

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Just wanted to say have a great time, it sounds brilliant. Hi to Karen too - hope you are both fine and dandy.

May the force be with you,

Luke
(not the one related to Darth Vader)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
Nice going Kevin! Great hall of fame too. :wink:
Thanks!! I thought I had a photo of us yakkin' it up at MuppetFest, but I never got anyone to take it. :sympathy: Got one with Karen though, :excited: !

Wish there were some conventions out this direction that you were coming to. Adventure Con 3.0 is in Knoxville, TN, and they have a link for Professionals to come be guests at the con.

Kev

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Got one with Karen though, :excited: !
Dude, don't hit on the man's wife right in front of him.

Have a great time at Disney World, Mike! Say hi to Karen!

Justin