Starfish Song?

magusdude

Reaction score
For some reason I remember a certain Starfish song that I can't seem to find any info on. It was not the one that probably comes into your mind that was actual live footage of starfish with a song singing over it.

The one I'm thinking of was a Starfish Muppet against a black background singing a song about himself and how he had 5 feet. It was kinda bluesy/jazzy. I want to say it was Jerry Nelson singing.

Does anyone else remember this or am I imaging this song? Any info would be great! Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To my knowledge, there are:
1 Starfish, a song recorded/written by Joe Raposo found on the special Sesame Street tribute CD.
2 The classic Swedish numbers animation with 7 starfish washing up on the beach.
3 The SST version of the song "Octopus's Garden" where the octopus (Frank Oz) stops to count his/its arms during the song.
4 The song "Octopus Blues" where another octopus (Kevin Clash) counts his/its arms during that song.
It's possible the one you mentioned "may" exist, I just don't know about it myself.
Hope this helps somewhat and have a good night.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The Starfish song I was thinking of was a little girl singing about a starfish floating in the sea.The beginning lyrics were something like this:
Starfish shining in the sea
Can you imagine what you seem to be?

The song was slow & pretty. Hope I helped a bit.
Here's the link to it. (I found it on youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRIJCR_3UwA