Starz Muppet documentary shortened to 4-8 minutes

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kenny Baker (BoyRaisin) just forwarded me a note that the Starz Muppet documentary will now only be 4-8 minutes long. He had written Starz asking about the special and this is the reply Kenny got.

According to Marc McCarthy at Starz... "Since we announced "Muppet Memories" two weeks ago the project has been scaled back to a short-form (4-8 min) featurette - our programming dept didn't have enough time or materials available to them to make as in-depth a piece as they originally planned.The piece will still air immediately following KERMIT'S SWAMP YEARS with subsequent plays throughout the month on STARZ! and then STARZ! Family in Sept."

scarecroe

Reaction score
[sigh]

Does this mean it was originally 30 minutes and has been cut down to 8 minutes, or had they not done the doc yet and will now make it as an 8 minute featurette?

Luke

Reaction score
not done it yet - made as an 8 min feature

towels

Reaction score
Seems like Starz isn't working with Henson, as I'm sure there is hours of material able to be used just for a bio of Kermit.

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe they found out they have to pay to use it ! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great! Do they need more time for the billionth airing of 102 Dalmations?

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, they said it will just be, if I understand the second e-mail I got from them correctly, a short featurette about the making of the movie.

It stinks because I was actually more looking forward to the documentary than the movie. Well, can't have everything.