1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Frogster, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

But, there is so much to draw off in even the less good of movies..as long as the characters are themselves IMHO :)
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And Lord knows, we need the characters to be themselves once more.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

That is the key I think..It's not so much what they do as them being themselves as they do it that is the root of everything IMHO:)
  4. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Geez! A lot of Venting in here. I have to say though that I tend to look at the bright side of things. Whether or not that's a good thing, I enjoyed Studio DC for what it was. The music was tolerable, The Electric Mayhem didn't need a double take from me to know that it was them, and I personally find Miley Cyrus and Ashley Tisdale quite cute. The only that bugged me was a reference to Fozzie Bear, but no actual appearance by him. But still I enjoyed it. I just know that you can't compete with the original. With Jim Henson gone, The Muppets can only be so much and only try to maintain their fame with whoever is willing to help 'em out; in this case Disney.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I mean, it's not the same if Kermit isn't hotheaded about getting everything in top order, if Miss Piggy isn't trying to satisfy her urge to become not only a bigger star but to finally get that frog to see what she's been seeing for years, if Gonzo ain't being a chicken-loving weird alien bent on sacrificing his own well-being for pure lunancy, if Fozzie ain't a poor excuse for a comedian to the point where two old codgers heckle him at every turn, etc.
  6. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I just hope that they can become in tune with each character enough to keep them themselves for one thing to another :excited:
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same here.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I can understand that people do not just become fans of the Muppets over night. But even for people that like them, if can still take time it fully appreciate them and everything they stand for.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

This is true.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I liked Studio DC Almost Live--the Muppets' part of it, anyway. I'm going to go post in the actual thread about it, though, and share my thoughts there.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

To each their own.