1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Frogster, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Well, of course, if we aren't all hit by trucks going at 60 miles a hour our oldy-ness will live on!:excited: *lifts and shakes grandma cane*
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

*laughs* Yeah. As long as we feel young and keep ourselves in a happy state of being, things will continue to hopefully go well.
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

For a half second when you said

My heart stopped just short of the word "cane." Ha ha. Glad to know it was her cane and not grandma you shook! :) :crazy:
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Reminds me of a "Good Idea/Bad Idea" segment where Mr. Skullhead was not only playing catch with his grandfather, but he was then literally playing catch with his grandfather.
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Hmm... Pretty good interview I must say!

I slowly think that this will happen.:)
  6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Give it time. I finally converted a few of my siblings to it after several agnonizing tries.
  7. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Muppet fans don't just happen overnight, it takes a little while..some of them may not be true fans until they are older and peer pressure does not matter as much :p
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. Have a little Muppety faith! For all we know, a majority of people still love the messages Jim taught over the years (and not just here).
  9. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

They do! :) I mean look at me, I have been a fan my whole life but I never found this place until this year, I'm sure there are so many others:o!
  10. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

If it wasn't for my dad, I probably wouldn't ever really know about them, either - well, I would've through things like Muppet Babies and Fraggle Rock, but my full interest probably would've been delayed and less hardcore (maybe, you never know). I basically grew up with him playing Muppet records for special occasions, putting a Muppets Take Manhatten tape in the car for long rides, watching the specials he taped off the TV, etc. So yeah, fans don't pop up overnight. You gotta give them that push to start, though.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The same would apply for a majority of things, for people may not like change or would like to try new things.
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think it's tempting to want them to be as popular as they were in their "heyday." And that would be great, but even the Beatles' "heyday" past. That doesn't mean they're forgotten, on the contrary! I don't mind if the Muppets become super popular again or not, as long as their work continues to be passed down. And I think that's happening. :)
  13. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I agree, and I REALLY wish folks would act on those lessons learned. Too often people just don't, and it makes the world a less better place. By acting on what Jim hoped to influence with his work, we can all make the world "a little better" by his having been here--his life-long dream!
  14. heralde

Well I think there's a tendancy we all have as human beings to enjoy entertainment (book, movie or otherwise) and feel inspired, but not fully realize the messages are about how to live in your real life, not just enjoying a fantasy. It's like how we learn subjects in school but don't always see how we're going to use them in the real world. It's human nature, but there is hope. :)
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Unless, you are an english major:). Then you have to take the inner workings of every book to heart to write good essays :coy:
  16. heralde

Lol, how true. And with Comm majors as well, where you get to write a 10 page paper on the significance of the Ninja Turtles! :)
  17. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I think more people should major in things like that, it is just good for the mind IMHO :excited:. It makes you think about everything in place of just reading or watching it :)
  18. heralde

Absolutely, it can really open up the mind. I helped with a presentation of Sesame Street once and we analyzed a clip from Don't Eat the Pictures. Seriously, you had to be there, lol.

I wish I'd written more about the Muppets in school. But I suppose my Blog kinda makes up for it, hehe. ;)

Of course, SOME people have to be doctors and lawyers. ;)
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And some just have to be actors and performers, for without them, The Muppets as we know them wouldn't exist.
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

All the arts are very important :)