State of the Muppets - An Opinion

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I feel like merging them could incite some fights over disagreeing opinions--and no one wants that.
No I understand, it is a possibility. I guess I just fell sad that they need to be separate at all to ward against that.

But I understand how you started the thread and that wasn't what you intended.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It is a little confusing to read through it now. It does seem like it could cause more of an argument with the two threads combined, though I think we're kind of past that at this point. I don't think a heated arguement is likely anymore.

Besides, I was purposefully trying to avoid posting in Frogster's original thread. I felt the original post was a little insulting, implying that my taste in entertainment was poor simply because I like modern Muppet productions. I am glad he expressed his opinion, a healthy, peaceful argument is okay every now and again, but that was my initial feeling about the thread... which is also why I was glad theprawncracker posted a seperate thread. It allowed me to express my opinion openly, without feeling like I was trying to cause problems.

I see how combining the threads makes sense, but it is a little confusing. I have to agree with prawnie:

theprawncracker said:
... if I had intended my post to be a direct response to Frogster's I would've posted it in his thread--but I didn't, because I wanted it to be a place for people to share their agreeing opinions, and I think that's what Frogster wanted too.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Merging=not good to me :frown:. I think that two different povs should not be forced together until they decide to talk for themselves..Peace is nice, but to be long lasting, it can't be forced IMHO :stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Uh yeah, I was just about to make a post asking where Prawnie's thread went, but I found it, in here. :/ Ed, I think that Prawnie's more than proven that he has judgement enough to tell whether or not a post is appropriate in it's own thread or not, and I don't appreciate how you're messing with the conversation and the intention of these threads.

I'm gonna be honest and say that this sort of thing was what I was referring to in my "Censorship" thread...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can it even be undone?

I propose we go back to 2 threads.
-State of the Muppets: Bleak (by frogster)
-State of the Muppets: Good (by theprawncracker)
This gives both threads distinct differences from the titles that reflect the content.

Prawnie - if you started your own thread again you'd have my support. Count does a great job, but I don't think he intended this confusion. :batty:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was purposely keeping quiet on both of these threads, but I have to be honest; I don't understand why either thread was even created in the first place because they're both set off from the Studio DC thread. Personally I think all of this should have stayed in that thread. Just my opinion.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
When did Mark write for the Muppets? All I know is he wrote Mother Goose and Grimm and Garfield's Saturday morning cartoon shows.
I was getting of topic and referring to Garfield and Friends to make a point.:smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree with Vic, the two threads are about the same topic of a thread that has already been posted and I'm considering merging the threads there.

Furthermore, I canNOT understand why, on a Muppets Fan Forum, there would ever be any arguing or angry posts? It's just silly. Yes, we're all fans and passionate about what we are fans of; but, when did all the fans lose sight that we're here to celebrate Jim Henson's legacy and that makes us like a family?

Sure, families have disputes, but there are diplomatic ways to solve those disputes without being snide, snippy, or flaming or having arguments.

Officially asking: Please stop discussing how arguments could begin, stay on topic, and share opinions diplomatically.

From the RULES:
Forum Rules

Fans from around the world come together at Muppet Central to celebrate the work of Jim Henson. We encourage your active participation in discussions on our forum.

Muppet Central is dedicated to the celebration of differences that make the world interesting and exciting. Healthy debates are not only expected but encouraged. Please remember to treat others with respect. Like the Muppets, each of us is unique, but our admiration and respect for Jim Henson's Muppets have brought us together and make us a family. Together, we have found that our similarities make us much more alike than different.
Also posted in the rules:

Before posting a new thread, please make sure a similar thread is not already active. Multiple threads on the same topic can be confusing. Please do not post the same message in multiple parts of our forum. Duplicate posts will often be deleted.
C'mon, gang...why is that so hard to do? Alternating views are welcome, and it can be done positively with good effect.