Statler and Waldorf; from the Balcony on DVD?

muppetperson

Reaction score
There is none. BarbarianJ is just asking if there are plans for it on DVD in the future...even though there has not been a new one in a long long time.

Seriously people, do not post misleading thread titles.
It is not misleading.There is a question mark after it, and that is exactly what it is.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
I think it's funny that people get so worked up about whether or not I asked my question correctly but then don't care to actually ponder the question ... LOL ... so let's focus on the question, people ... :smile:

At any rate, thanks for the support, Eric ... :wink:

If Disney owns the clips, I take it this would be a good thing if we ever wanted them on DVD, right? Would it be an option to address a letter to them and ask them straight away? Maybe like that the idea gets introduced already ...
I'm just thinking now that getting the rights to include the trailers in a commercial product as a main feature might produce some troubles, but I'm not sure about that ...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe a likely way of packaging them might be as a bonus feature on some other DVD. I don't know if they'd be considered enough material for a full DVD.

As for the misinterpretation, it is not only the thread title that should be considered, but the post that is attached to it. Usually, and in this case, the intended message is expressed clearly, and the poster should not be blaimed if someone failed to read it correctly! I've been fooled before by thread titles, but then read the post and been straightened out.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The other day at Target I saw all the Pixar shorts on one DVD, which I thought was strange, because if you're an avid Pixar fan, you'd most likely have all the theatrical releases that included one of each of those shorts on it, and hence not need this collection.

Having said that, I immediately thought about FTB and made the connection that if they could get away with selling the Pixar shorts on DVD, why not sell FTB episodes on DVD? Or at least as extras on something else, like the upcoming TMS Season 3 DVDs?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The other day at Target I saw all the Pixar shorts on one DVD, which I thought was strange, because if you're an avid Pixar fan, you'd most likely have all the theatrical releases that included one of each of those shorts on it, and hence not need this collection.
Yeah, that is the general thinking, but there is always a market for this kind of stuff and I'm sure that Disney knows it.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Well, everything well considered I think I'll be just going ahead with this and poll with Disney if they have plans for a DVD release of "S&W: FTB".
I think that when I phrase it in that way that I will not appear to be whining or demanding and we may actually learn something about Disney's stand on this. The only question that remains is ... does anybody have an address to which I can write about such matters? I prefer mail or a contact feature from a webpage ... Help anyone?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Disney's general mail address is
500 S Buena vista Street
Burbank CA 91506
I remember when watching From The Balcony, that it was via streaming, so they didnt want people copying it.I wonder if it is because they might want to have higher sales if they do release it or whether they just dont want to release or let people have copies of it period?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
All I can tell you is that I've written, e-mailed and called Disney/Muppets hundreds of times with either a quick dismissal or no response at all. I'm not bitter about it or implying that it's impossible to get in touch with them, it's just time consuming and seemingly not very rewarding. My 2¢.

BarbarianJ

Reaction score
Well, hokay ... I made a first attempt at writing Disney ... I'll let you know if I have any kind of success with this ... :smile: