Statler and Waldorf in Spiderman Comic with the SNL cast

Convincing John

Reaction score
"Statler and Waldorf" in a Spiderman Comic book with the cast of Saturday Night Live!

Maybe this should be in the "Collectibles" section...well, you guys make the call.

The following link leads to a rather unusual comic book where the original cast of Saturaday Night Live teams up with Spiderman.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2197617726&category=3983

Well, I was lucky enough to find a copy of this episode in my local comic book shop today (three bucks!) and here's a brief summary:

Apparently, a fan sent John Belushi a ring (which he can't get off his finger) and it belongs to a Samurai warrior (the bad guy). He's called "The Silver Samurai". Basically, he and his henchmen try to mess up the live show of Saturday Night Live as they look for the ring. It has everybody from the 1978 cast (Murray, Belushi, Newman, Morris, Aykroyd, Curtin, and Radner) with special appearances by Lorne Michaels and Stan Lee.

Well, on page 7, as Peter Parker and Mary Jane sit down to enjoy the show, two old guys behind them (drawn to look like real people and seen only from the back) begin to shout, and I quote their dialogue word-for-word:

1st old guy: Will you two kindly SIT DOWN! Statler and I came here to see the show!

2nd Old guy: That's TELLIN' 'em, Waldorf, you old coot!

Weird, huh? If there's any Spiderman collectors out there that are interested on more info on this, it's the "Marvel Team-Up" series featuring Spiderman and the Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time Players! It's the Vol. 1, No. 74, October 1978 issue. And yeah, I looked, but there were no Gorch characters.

Another piece of miscellaneous Muppet trivia for ya!

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bunsen and Beaker (also drawn as humans) made an appearance in one of the first The Tick comics. I'll post the pictures somewhere tomorrow...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey Convincing John... any chance you could scan a couple pages?