Statler Figure ?

Sam T Eagle

Reaction score
:boo: Statler Figure,
I was wondering if the head of him was going to get fix because this is a very bad likness of him. The upper part of lip dosen't look right, his pupil don,t look right he looks very scary and hair needs something.
dose any know if this has been talk about?:boo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed in the poses in the photos given he looks like he's looking too far up.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I do have a little problem with the upper lip, but that's it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of the same issues with the bust too. Statler and Waldorf are still being retooled. Recent Statler merchandise has the upper lip issue. This might be a Henson decision. The bust of Statler has crossed eyes. Now that's freaky. :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think the picture looks good, but I didn't evaluate it that sternly.

What needs to be done to make his upper lip look better?

:boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From the bust or the figure? My bust review is up on Muppet Central and covers the conditions of the bust in more depth than I could go into here. Both hecklers aren't quite right. :sleep: :boo: You should check it out.

Statler's top lip is lower these days than it was in the 80s. I think this is the cause of some debate. :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You have picked a 70s photograph when this figure resembles the more modern puppet. The bust has a similar mouth issue too. Plus the picture is looking down while the figure is looking up. There are many factors. I think the figure is great already, but but they are still being tweaked. You already know that, though. :wink:

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
I actually like the seventies puppets (with the exception of the ghastly Miss Piggy puppet) much much better than the newer ones...I hate the new Kermit puppet's super-bright green color and I don't like Statler and Waldorf looking so "new". They all look much more manufactured and the old puppets had more weathering and in my opinion, a lot more charm.

I wish Palisades could make his upper lip shorter, but I'm not expecting anything like that made...it all boils down to Henson's decision.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd love to see head-on shots of both the figure and puppet; looks like the top lip and head itself is a bit long, though.