Statler Figure ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I especially like the old Waldorf puppet.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guy,

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - LOL!

Now ive added the older Statler Puppet from The Muppet Show times, Its a face on shot too.

You can see that its that Upper Lip that needs retooling.

I also think that the Puppets nowadays are just to clean and proper.
I liked the way Beaker had scruffy hair on The Muppet Show, Now its always straight up and doesnt look half as good.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The angle of the figure still has his head looking up. That's about half of the issue, but I do think they should tone it down. Makes the nose look small, but again, they are retooling him.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Eeew that new Statler puppet is UG-LEEEEE!! The chin looks ridiculous. I've never seen them right next to each other. I really really prefer the seventies versions...that new Statler puppet's a joke...too bad I know, but that's my opinion. I think the weathered looking puppets are also more "realistic".

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
While I do not agree that the figure likeness is terrible, I do agree that the upper lip is just a little bit too big. Wasn't always like that, but after an early review of the figure that had a smaller upper lip we were asked to make the change on it so that the lip was bigger. So we did. That's that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, Statler was never really pretty to begin with.

Unless you're into that type of guy--->:boo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. His lip has also been growing in the most modern images, but not that much. What can you do? It's still a good figure and a better likeness than the bust IMHO.

Ken-

Are we going to see a final shot of these guys soon?
:smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the nose should be made a bit larger and the lip a bit shorter. That would make him perfect. I do agree that the modern Statler and Waldorf don't look nearly as goos as the Muppet Show versions. The Waldork bust looks really good though.:sleep:

Luke

Reaction score
So basically Henson are the people who are making decisions that make the figures less accurate likenesses of the puppets ? Wierd ! LOL

I agree, it's not a bad likeness. The upper lip is quite a bit too big, too much space. I also have a space problem with Pepe - the features are too spaced out on the face so the head looks larger and also there is a big problem with the neck that adds to the look of it too. I did a detailed comparison of the Pepe figure to the Puppet in 'Ask Ken' ages ago wearing exactly the same outfit in a similar pose and found around 15 inconsistencies. It's a great stand alone figure and better than we would have got from anybody else but it's definitely not accurate to the puppet. I think Palisades would really benefit from going and seeing the actual puppets as much as possible or at least having polaroids of them at different angles.

Other things with Statler compared to the puppet is that the skin tone is a lot lighter and also the grey for the eyebrows and stuff is too light. I still think it looks excellent though.