Status Confirmed: One Shack, TOTALLY Rocked!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well everyone, here it is, the B-52's Concert Report!

We got to Mizner Park at like 6:30, 6:45. The parking there was structured so excellently. We parked the car, and went to the ampitheater. I bought myself this rockin' black B-52's shirt with a red rocket ship. Then, we went and found our seats.

I ended up having to sit next to this guy who obviously didn't know how to properly occupy a single chair. At one point I was tempted to just stand up and offer my chair to him, as he was practically in my lap. That was paired with the pair of extremely annoying women sitting behind me. They probably could have been my mothers age, yet they seemed to think they were still in their 20's. They were carrying on about the surfer guys they'd been dating and how so many guys hit on them at the bars and stuff. I'm a guy, and if I saw them at my bar, I would have been wondering where their children were. So that was annoying, but nothing compared to that which followed.

I have seen many bad comedians in my time. Very many. But none even hold a candle to the comedian that was at this show. His name is Jamie Porter, and I don't think it gets much worse than him. He was without a doubt the worst comedian I have ever had the displeasure of sitting through. Extremely tired jokes, delivered poorly. Between him, the burly gentleman on my lap and the aging hipsters behind me, I didn't think I was going to make it. But then, it happened.

Finally, Mr. Porter left. Then, the Lady Esta Gin came out. We automatically feared she was going to perform. But no! All she did was introduced the main event, the one, the only, B-52's!!! The opened with an unexpected song; The title track from their rockin' early album "Whammy!". Really fun stuff. They went through a great great set, which included: "Keashe Lorainne", "Good Stuff", "Bush Fire", "Mesapotamia", "Roam", "Strobe Light", and "Channel Z". They finised out their set with "Love Shack". Then, they encored with "Rock Lobster". It was so much fun. My mom really enjoyed it, being she'd been waiting to see the B-52's since she started listening to them. One thing of note was how incredibly solid the performance was. It was like listening to a CD. There was not one mess-up the entire show. Cindy is still young looking, as are Fred and Keith. Kate put on some weight, but still looks good to me. :smile:

So, on the Cantus scale of Rock, I give this show a 9.9. Why not a 10? Well, they didn't play my favorite B's song, "Is that You Mo-Dean?". I thought for sure they'd play that song. But, since they did not, I can't give the full 10. But other than that, I don't think I could have asked for a better show. If the B's are coming to your town....

SEE THEM!!!!!

:big_grin:

-Matt

Jane

Reaction score
It sounds like you had a great time Matt - even with strange/annoying people sitting around you!

It's like going to the movies and having people sit near you who talk the whole way through:rolleyes:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Between him, the burly gentleman on my lap and the aging hipsters behind me,
LOL!!!!

Welp, aside from that, I'm SO GLAD you had a ROCKIN' great time, Matt!!!

You deserved it, buddyyyyyyyyyy!!

Really!

You did!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
One of my good friends waited on the B52s at the diner down the street where he works. It seems that everyone goes to that little pancake place. Biork too.

beaker

Reaction score
Glad you had a great time! Indeed, B-52's are one of those magical art rock new wave bands like Devo and Talking Heads that just freaking rock. Just something really innocent and unqiue about them^_^

*puts on my skinny tie and Geordie La Forge plastic visor*

Luke

Reaction score
Glad to hear they rocked the shack ! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Congrats on surviving the crowd Matt. I envy you as I cannot wait for my chance to see them preform live in front of me. :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
One of my good friends waited on the B52s at the diner down the street where he works. It seems that everyone goes to that little pancake place. Biork too.
"The pancake shack is a little old place where
we can get some flapjacks
pancake
talkin pancake
it's the pancake

SHAACK!!

Flap Jack RUSTED!"

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LOL!!

Ooooh baby!
What?
How 'bout givin' me some a that GOOD flap jack?
Weeell, here it tis, here it tis...

Are ya lookin' for it? Are ya lookin' for it? You'll eat it with me!
Pan-Cakes Ba-by!

-Matt

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

*puts on my skinny tie and Geordie La Forge plastic visor*
i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know i don't wanna know

Sarah