Steiff Wocka Wocka

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
280 bucks for a 13" plush is ridiculous.
Sheepishly I will admit I've paid that for 13" of porcelain (i.e. Walt Disney Classic Collection pieces). I might actually consider saving up for Fozzie, it seems like a great likeness!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I have the Kermit steiff and he is as bad as he is in the picture! I bought him because I thought it was rare that a Teddy "Bear" manufactuer branched off into making a frog, so it was more a historical point of buying him, than what he turned out like.There have been worse Kermit's put out on the market, but I expected better from Steiff.Should you buy Kermit? Well, it would be nice to display as a set, but if you wait, he may come down in price to justify buying him.
Hey muppetperson

Does the Steiff Kermit come in a embroided bag? Or was that idea dropped? Does he come with any paper work or card Muppets Hang Tags, or is it just the steiff tags attached to him?

Any chance you could take a few pics, trying to make him look as good as possible?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Here goes:

The bag he comes in is a cotton printed,pull string close, library book style bag.
He comes with 3 certificates in a Steiff envelope, which are an information card,quality guarantee card,and numbered edition certificate.He has rotatable head and arms at the shoulders.He has bendable elbows,hands,knees and feet.You can close his mouth, but it
springs open again.He has the Steiff press stud on a tab on his left elbow,which is also holding
a label that says Made in germany and on the reverse shows what edition number you have.
He has the C The Muppets Studio LLC label near his backside and a Steiff booklet tagged to his left ankle.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the info muppetperson.

Thats great. OK he still doesnt look great but I am starting to get tempted, mostly fueled by my desire for Fozzie but thinking that I ought to collect them all..............a shop near my town has the steiff Kermit, maybe I ought to go and look at him there?

Thanks again for taking the time to get the piccys etc.

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit's mouth is the main problem area.It is open too far and the red inside his mouth goes right to the edge of his face, instead of allowing a green border inside his mouth.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i agree kermits mouth is a major problem maybe steiff were trying to recreate kermit eating flys :smile: but that fozzie is dead on to what he looks like

dmoss

Reaction score
I have quite a few Fozzies, and as great as this one looks, I just could never justify that much money for a 13" Fozzie...I have one that looks a fair amount like this one, and at 15", it was only $20. I guess you're buying the Steiff name with this.

Believe me, I'm not just being a complainer, because I've spent quite a bit of money on my Fozzie collection. It's a great plush, but worth $280? No way.

muppetguy

Reaction score
I don't see this Fozzie on the Official Steiff website. Why? Is it that Steiff hasn't updated their site?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I don't see this Fozzie on the Official Steiff website. Why? Is it that Steiff hasn't updated their site?
I suppose it is a bit like the cases of Master Replicas and eFX, where the Distributors have beaten the Manufactuers to announcements.Probably because the Company might have wanted to get an idea on how the reaction would be before committing it on their website.