1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by HiHo3892, Nov 19, 2017.

1. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I would say so.

2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I honestly forgot about Tutter. Oopsies.

3. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

Another falsetto friend. That can’t be easy to do when you get older.

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Actually I remember hearing Peter Linz doing Elmo after the Kevin Clash scandal, Peter can still do a good falsetto voice.

5. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m sure he can! He’s still a young guy and his voice has a naturally higher pitch, but I can imagine voices like that are tougher when your voice ages. Just in general, of course. I do that type of voice sometimes and it’s exhausting.

6. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Active Member

I never thought this would happen. But please God, let Caroll make it to 50 years. That's all I ask. I'm ready for anything, just let Caroll make it to 50 years.

:wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy::wisdom::grouchy:

7. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

It’s interesting you say that. I just realized that I don’t think anybody thinks about it happening with these Muppeteers. Maybe more now because, as fans, are able to keep up better with who they are. Generally, however, they aren’t ever seen in their work. So we just sit and watch the shows and enjoy the character year after year without really being able to notice them aging or any decline in health and personal matters like that the way we would with an actor who shows him/herself all the time. So when we do find out about people like Carroll or Jerry Nelson, we’re like, “Oh, wow...I never would have thought”. Or, “what? He’s how old?!” Caroll’s had a lot of exposure to the public in the last 15 Years or so because he’s become a tv legend/icon. He has a book and a documentary. But without that, we’d never know.

8. OscarandTelly

OscarandTelly Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time figuring this out but there's a preview of next weeks episode and I think it might be Carroll's voice. Can one of the experts please tell me if this is Carroll or Matt. :search:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Definitely Matt. You can hear that sort of nasal-quality in the voice.

So they are, indeed, still using Segi despite Joey's departure . . . but her voice sounds noticably different: it sounds more like a generic child's voice, as opposed to that more urban-flavored voice she's had in the past.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Have we heard Caroll’s voice at all yet?

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Can I stress how perfect Stephanie is as Prarie Dawn? Like, she is perfect in every way, shape, and form as Prarie. One of the best recasts we've had in a while.

cahuenga and BEAR 2 like this.
  12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That's because it's not Segi. It's actually a suspiciously similar looking substitute named Gabrielle:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4812

Interesting that they're doing another parody of the musical Hair. Last time it was about Zoe's hair:

Froggy Fool likes this.
  13. Froggy Fool

It's the...

CASE OF THE IMPOSTER SEGI!!! :search::search::search::search::search::search::search:

14. Pig's Laundry

Gabrielle is holding Segi hostage! She thinks there's only room for one hair lover on Sesame Street.

Or, of course, it is possible that she's just Segi's little sister.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They probably just went with a new girl out of respect (I guess) for Joey. Segi was his creation, essentially for his daughter, and it makes sense that he would be the one to create stuff for her, but now that he's gone, eh, make a new girl (at least they could've changed the nose color. Literally all that's different is the hairstyle and the eyelids).

16. Pig's Laundry

And even the hair, Segi changed it, that was literally her signature thing.
    Yeah, there's no way the average viewer is going to know it's a different character.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  17. Froggy Fool

Who performed/voiced Gabrielle?

18. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

I’m loving that Prairie is being featured again, especially in a street story. She let her hair grow out a bit.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  19. BEAR 2

BEAR 2 Well-Known Member

Yes, Matt’s gotten so good with Bird that it’s getting harder to distinguish.

Froggy Fool and Pig's Laundry like this.
  20. Froggy Fool

I honestly think Stephanie's doing a better job with Prarie than Jen has with Zoe; I don't really think Jen has nailed it with Zoe's voice or mannerisms.

Then again, I never really cared for Zoe all that much.

cahuenga likes this.