Steve as the Swedish Chef

goshposh

Reaction score
i was watching the steve martin muppet show dvd and they had the i love lucy screen tests. trying out for ricky was kermit, fozzie, and the chef. the chef had a tone to his voice that sounded a lot like steve's voice. does anyone know if it really was him? also the chef had his hat off and he was bald! so the action figure is acurate to the puppet.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I've only heard of Steve doing the chef after Jim died, but anything is possible.

goshposh

Reaction score
the thing i was talking about was a extra feature. i think it was done for the odyssey channel before it was the hallmark channel

T

timrikthegorf

Yes that was Steve. A few different people tried the Chef before Bill took over.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you watch the out takes on KSY you will see Steve miss a line or two or just acting funny. You will notice he does a reall good Chef and also a really really good link. So i kind of wish Steve would take both of those Muppets and give them his own little bit of personality.

Not to say i dont like Bill's Chef, its a whole lot better then David Rubbens 1992 Chef :embarrassed: But i just really love how well steve is intuned with Kermit and i think Jim would be really proud of the way He is doing Kermit. Steve is in my book one of the best muppet Preformers we have now. He has done a wonderfull job.

goshposh

Reaction score
steve's chef in the clip sounded like kermit was trying to do the chef's voice. in ksy steve did a much better job with the voice. maybe steve should do a majority of jim's characters (chef, link, etc) like how eric does frank's.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
goshposh said:
i was watching the steve martin muppet show dvd and they had the i love lucy screen tests. trying out for ricky was kermit, fozzie, and the chef. the chef had a tone to his voice that sounded a lot like steve's voice. does anyone know if it really was him? also the chef had his hat off and he was bald! so the action figure is acurate to the puppet.
I see what you mean. The Steve Martin ep is the only one I have in DVD form actually and I saw that clip. I knew it wasn't Bill who performed the Chef, since he didn't sound quite right. I'm glad I finally got more information on that one.