1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I think even if Matt was Kermit the 2015 series would have failed too. I just think the series felt too forced.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Well, I know one thing for sure. None of our opinions here is going to make any difference in Disney's decision to do a TV show or not.

3. Censored

Well, The Muppet Babies cartoon lasted for 8 years.

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah but that's not the real Muppets. Not even the puppeteers providing the voices...

5. Censored

Not a perfect example, but it does show that the basic characters can be successful in a TV show besides TMS.

6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Muppet babies will be the last tv show for a while. After that premieres in 2018 that's it for me with muppet tv shows. Why do I think this...
    Well the Muppets premiered as the most anticipated show in years but after 2 episodes it was already in fight to stay on air. Why because the public didn't rate it. So we can all want a tv show and watch it. But unless the original Muppet show returns (which I wouldn't want) the public will tune out

7. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

Was Muppet Babies a prime-time live action series?

No

muppetlover123 likes this.
  8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Was it a success.

Yes

Were the other live action Muppets shows after TMS a success?
    No

9. Censored

Maybe they should just pick up where they left off and make new episodes of The Muppet Show.

10. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

No.

11. Censored

Aw, come on, folks, please give Disney permission to do a TV show...

Seriously, no matter what Disney decides to do, I'm sure they have a lot of great ideas for the Muppets in 2018 and whatever it is, I'm looking forward to it and will give my full support.

BlakeConor14 and muppetlover123 like this.
  12. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

It's not that people don't want another TV show, they just don't think there's been enough time for Matt to adjust to the role of Kermit and the rest of the fandom to adjust to Steve's departure.

And if Disney has a lot of good ideas, why was the muppets. such a flop?

muppetlover123 and scooterfan360 like this.
  13. Censored

I could give you a theory on that one, but why start it all up again?

14. Censored

Or want enough time to pass so it won't make Matt look too good?

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Better yet: if Disney has a lot of good ideas, why did almost every pre-2011 Muppet project end up shelved?

16. Censored

Again, to keep the peace, I won't say my hypothesis. Still, I'm talking about Disney now, not Disney in the past. I am interested to see what the future holds and, as a Muppet fan, I will of course be supportive.

17. muppetlover123

Something I can agree with you on! I will have full support, and looking forward to new projects.

Censored likes this.
  18. muppetlover123

So everything comes back to Steve with you huh? I'm not a blind follower of Steve I am in between, but it sounds like you really don't like Steve after reading the hundreds of pages over the months. So you must be happy at least..

scooterfan360 likes this.
  19. Censored

It's more about clearing the good name of the Hensons and not wanting their reputation to be unfairly tarnished (and recognizing Matt's talent and not wanting him to be scapegoated).

20. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Well-Known Member

You're just gonna keep repeating yourself aren't ya.

muppetlover123 and scooterfan360 like this.