Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
As a Muppet film I think that the Gonzo movie is better than MCC but that is just My opinion. MY OPINION
Yeah, what's the matter with someone having a different opinion on what was the better Muppet movie? Just because someone thinks one movie is better than the other does NOT make it "the very definition of crazy talk."

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I never said I didn't like Christmas Carol but it is a Christmas film with the Muppets appearing in it. Not a Muppet film
Yeah, what's the matter with someone having a different opinion on what was the better Muppet movie? Just because someone thinks one movie is better than the other does NOT make it "the very definition of crazy talk."

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
It kind of does.

Liking one movie over another doesn't automatically make the one you prefer better. MFS is generally accepted (and not just by Muppet fans) as a pretty terrible film. Even the people who worked on it knew it was a stinker. MMC is almost universally held up as a holiday classic, and one of the most faithful film adaptions of A Christmas Carol ever made.

You can like MFS over MCC, but as much as you can defend your right to an opinion, one movie is still going to be superior to the other.

I mean, I could say Manos, the Hands of Fate is better than The Sound Of Music. It would be my opinion, but Id still be wrong.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
In MY OPINION FOR THE ONE HUNDREDTH TIME I THINK MUPPETS CHRISTMAS CAROL IS GOOD. BUT YOU HAVE JUST SAID YOURSELF ITS A HOLIDAY CLASSIC I AM NOT GONNA WATCH THAT ALL YEAR ROUND. AND AS BAD AS MFS MAY BE ITS GOT MORE OF A MUPPETY FEEL TO IT THAN MCC DOES
It kind of does.

Liking one movie over another doesn't automatically make the one you prefer better. MFS is generally accepted (and not just by Muppet fans) as a pretty terrible film. Even the people who worked on it knew it was a stinker. MMC is almost universally held up as a holiday classic, and one of the most faithful film adaptions of A Christmas Carol ever made.

You can like MFS over MCC, but as much as you can defend your right to an opinion, one movie is still going to be superior to the other.

I mean, I could say Manos, the Hands of Fate is better than The Sound Of Music. It would be my opinion, but Id still be wrong.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never said I didn't like Christmas Carol but it is a Christmas film with the Muppets appearing in it. Not a Muppet film
Yeah. That's true. The Muppets, at least the more larger known Muppets had relatively small parts in that, but it's understandable since it was the first Jim's and Richard's characters were recast, so I guess the new puppeteers were sort of getting used to the role. It seemed like the Muppets did get a lot more airtime in MTI. That may be the case in whatever the first project is with Matt as Kermit, since I know that will result in other recasts as well. (Ex: Peter as Robin.) We'll just have to wait and see what happens.