1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Sorry, but two members kind of said the same thing.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

*Soothing Australian voice*

Here we sit by and watch closely as the Muppet Central members brutally bite one another with their opinions on who was the better Kermit performer. Let's sit by and listen, shall we?

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yet, at the same time, you seem totally willing to have Steve's reputation "unfairly" tarnished and for him to be used as a scapegoat.

And I say "unfairly" in quotation marks, because I'm still unsure about how truthful/honest he's being about his side of the story.

scooterfan360 and muppetlover123 like this.
  4. Censored

Nope. Just defending the others.

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I think we all recognize Matts talent so that one you can stop repeating. Nobody is trying to scapegoat him. Of course I can't say that for everyone on the forum but, most of us love Matt and he is a tremondesly talented performer and a great guy! Same thing with the Hensons, again I can't say that for everyone on the forum but this whole story with Steve has left everyone confused because there's no actual truth as to what happened. Just two sides of the story and both of them are probably not telling the entire truth.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I'm not getting into an argument with anyone cause it is me who gets into trouble so I'll just say my piece.

I don't want a new show. I love seeing new Muppet things as most of you do. But the fact is unless it is a carbon copy of the Muppet show nobody will watch and it will be canned like Muppets tonight and the 2015 show and be back to square one just like last year.

But if you want a new show that is up to you. But I'm saying what i think is best for these performers and the franchise

scooterfan360 and muppetlover123 like this.
  7. Censored

Sometimes it's not so much about telling the truth, it's about perception. Steve probably didn't perceive that his actions were a problem, but many others obviously did. And as some other member pointed out, there were numerous sources making the same complaints about Steve, which strengthens their case, conspiracy theories aside of course.

8. muppetlover123

That I understand as I've said before I'm in between. The only thing that still rubs me the wrong way is they tried to offer him a Disney Legend award and to say he's "retired from the muppets" and all he had to do to was to sign a NDA. That's just super sketch and I'm glad he didn't!

Yorick and scooterfan360 like this.
  9. Censored

They were trying to save him embarrassment.

10. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

This Australian approves of that commentary.

11. muppetlover123

Yeah it could have been that, or it could have been they wanted him to keep quiet about the firing so some of the people wouldn't freak out over it like it happened. We obviously were concerned upset angry for a while but most of us just learned to accept it, or are still accepting it. Others might need more time to accept it. I doubt Steve would be embarrassed by it. But I can't speak for him so

scooterfan360 likes this.
  12. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Is it time to lock this thread yet?

13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

It is getting ugly isn't it. (And that's coming from me)

scooterfan360 and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. muppetlover123

I'm done commenting now that's pretty much all I have to say. Yeah I agree we should lock the thread, it serves no purpose anymore other then an arguing thread. Steves story is done, and Matts Kermit has debuted so the thread has served its purpose.

JimAndFrank and ConsummateVs like this.
  15. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

All in favour of locking this thread, say 'Aye'!

muppetlover123 and ConsummateVs like this.
  16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

17. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Aye Aye Captain.

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I think this thread should be locked.

19. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member