Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well we still dont know IF they got back together right? (since she fel asleep)
Well we have not seen them together out in public since the show was cancelled. We have seen a lot of Piggy, but she really has not said anything about Kermit. What I'm hoping is that they will treat it like tgey did with Gonzo finding out he was an alien in MFS. Just ues it for that production and then forget about it.

I didn't think any of the characters were badly written with one and only one exception: Scooter. They made Scooter waaaay too weird on the 2015 show. The kicker is that it was hilarious how he was written...It just wasn't Scooter. If Scooter's lines had gone to a new character, it would have been funnier.

I was all for Kermit and Piggy's break up. I never liked Miss Piggy. I actually liked Denise better. I was disappointed when Kermit broke up with Denise and got back with Piggy.

Also, I was upset Gonzo and Camilla had broken up but the show remedied that by the end of it's run.

Overall I thought it was a great show. Deadly was hilarious on it and Sam having a crush on Janice was hysterical and inspired.
Well I'm glad you and a select few enjoyed what the 2015 show was trying to do.
For fans of Kermit and Piggy being in a relationship no matter how one sided the show was hard to watch.
When I think about Kermit and Piggy's relationship. I think that Piggy is a strong independent pig, with the exception of her love for Kermit. With Kermit no matter how much he would be in denial deep down he cared deeply for Piggy. Just my thoughts.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not that this is the time or place for this discussion, but that's been proven false. Fox is actually one of the most unbiased news sources then you talk 'news'. Fox often gets lumped in as having a right wing bias due to their talking heads/opinion shows that run from 8 pm to 11 pm, but the actual 'news' (not the opinion guys) is very unbiased.
If you're talking about Chris Wallace and Shep Smith, I agree. They are the only ones giving Fox credibility at this point. Fox & Friends in the morning and the line up at night are the definition of bias. And it didn't use to be so bad, they used to have interesting debates. But lately they've really been obsessed with protecting Trump.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
How’s this for some conspiracy theories about Steve’s dismissal?

“He's not progressive enough for Disney. They are slowly cleaning house to bring in those who have the same political leanings. It started with a large Sesame Street turn over along with many Disney owned holdings. If you have any doubts, do a search.”

“Disney: ‘Straight, white, Christian! That's three strikes, you're FIRED’"

“He may be a conservative, after all Disney fired Tim Allen for being a conservative and he had a big hit show going at the time. Disney is like all of Hollywood - don't have a view different from theirs!”

“He's a white male southerner who's been married to the same woman since the 1970s. These days you have to wonder if that's why Disney fired him.”

“if your white, you are no longer in disneys world, they no longer have any shows that have a white person as a lead star.”

"We know why they did it, of course. This is the same man that performs Ernie. It's obvious that Disney wants to appeal to the subset of individuals who believe Bert and Ernie are gay. So they're firing this puppeteer to bring in someone with NO connection to the show who would have no problem bringing a gay Ernie to Sesame Street. Just watch. Next couple weeks will be Ernie's "coming out" celebration.”

“I've only read the first few paragraphs, but my guess is this talented man is either a conservative and/or a Christian.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/13/kermit-frog-muppeteer-was-fired-by-disney.html
This is ridiculous extrapolation.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I think it's ok. Brian Henson and Bill Barreta are the main saviours of the movie for me. With Phil van Neuter the main source of the jokes
Couldn't agree more.....except for the part where you said, "as bad as MFS may be". I don't think it's "bad" at all. I think it's excellent.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
“He may be a conservative, after all Disney fired Tim Allen for being a conservative and he had a big hit show going at the time. Disney is like all of Hollywood - don't have a view different from theirs!”
That's just stupid.

Tim Allen wasn't fired for being conservative, that's just something he's been putting out there to get his fellow conservatives wound up; ABC canceled his show because their contract to co-produce the show with 20th Century Fox expired, and they didn't want to continue to produce the show by themselves, since all the costs of producing the show would be dumped all on them, rather than split between them and Fox.

And once again, it's conservatives who don't want anyone to have a different view from theirs, not the other way around.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Just reiterating to make it clear ...

Censored didn't say those things. They were quotes from the comments section on the foxnews.com article. So I don't want to stop anyone from remarking on those quotes, so long as you know what they are. If you're replying to them, the people who made the comments will never see your replies. And most of the commenters on that site are just trolls anyway, so they likely posted those comments for the reactions they would receive.

Censored

Reaction score
Yes. It was an example of just how far these conspiracy theories will go and their ultimate absurdity.