Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Piggy was way out of character, all right! She would NOT just stand there with her mouth hanging open when Kermit broke up her. Seriously, that frog would've been flung into next Tuesday! What were they trying to do, make the Muppets dark and edgy because that's what everyone wants nowadays? And I just can't see a line like "my life is a bacon wrapped H*** on Earth" coming from Kermit (I admit, I love the line, but I just can't see it).
Or the Muppets singing about the word 'da**' quite a few episodes later. GRRRRRRR!! But you're right, Piggy did seem to be more laid back on that series, but then again she was a complete jerk when she appeared on Good Luck Charlie. The trouble is they need to find some balance between making the characters too much in their character and making them out of character, with Disney's Muppets it seems to be either one or the other. It does seem like the 2015 series had to do with Steve's termination because I do remember hearing that on one of the news broadcasts with Steve that we addressed on this thread. It seems like it's always been a fight between Steve and Disney to keep the Muppets in character and I think after that series could have been when Steve put his foot down and that could have been what upset Disney. Sorry if I'm reading too much into this. I know I wasn't there or anything. But this is all just in theory.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if The Muppets were still on the air. Matt Vogel would have to quickly get his Kermit down for a hypothetical third season.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Treasure Island is (in my opinion) pretty terrible. Aside from the rats thinking they are on a cruise and Sam testing the lifeboat, there isn't much that I like about that film.
I have to agree with you about that. Every time I watched it, I could never get past "Cabin Fever." It didn't hold my interest past that point. Though I loved the songs, and there were other parts I liked about the film, it just wasn't really my cuppa (cup of tea, for those who are curious).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was going to avoid using Charlie Sheen as a specific exaple, considering he pretty much completely lost his mind and went crazy at that point, which would make him a special case, but yes, there's an example of somebody getting fired from a major network show.