Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know, it's kind of ironic. Earlier this year I was actually going to start an April Fools thread stating that Steve was leaving the Muppets to start a polka group with Louise Gold.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
You know, it's kind of ironic. Earlier this year I was actually going to start an April Fools thread stating that Steve was leaving the Muppets to start a polka group with Louise Gold.
Wow, that’s crazy! I guess you somewhat predicted the future, minus the whole polka thing.

gravy

Reaction score
Mike also mentioned that Steve's reason for leaving should stay between him and Disney. So, make of that what you will.
SHADIER...:search:

Anyone remember that Disney Cruise interactive game with the Muppets from some years back? There was at least one (maybe a few more) off-camera moments with someone other than Steve doing Kermit's voice. Not saying it is or isn't Matt. Skip to 12:18.
That's most likely Peter.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Anyone remember that Disney Cruise interactive game with the Muppets from some years back? There was at least one (maybe a few more) off-camera moments with someone other than Steve doing Kermit's voice. Not saying it is or isn't Matt. Skip to 12:18.

Okay. I take it this isn't the "Muppets Party Cruise" game I have. I'll have to check that out when I get a chance. Yes, :smile: has had alternate performers for a time during the Steve Whitmire era, most famous being Artie Esposito, but John Kennedy also performed him in "Muppets Ahoy!" Maybe this one is from around that time. Just something to think about.

Ahhhhh. So it's your fault. You jinxed us. :smile: JK!

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score

Actually, Steve later re-recorded those lines.

HJL1

Reaction score
I think Peter Linz will likely receive Robin from Matt Vogel's roster and do Big Bird more frequently as Matt will be busy with Kermit.

Peter will also get Statler added to his roster and Beaker could go to David Rudman (Hunt character). I am not sure about Rizzo. I don't see him getting retired. Link hasn't been seen for a while so his replacement won't be crucial. The same goes for Newsman. What does everyone else think?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay. I take it this isn't the "Muppets Party Cruise" game I have. I'll have to check that out when I get a chance. Yes, :smile: has had alternate performers for a time during the Steve Whitmire era, most famous being Artie Esposito, but John Kennedy also performed him in "Muppets Ahoy!" Maybe this one is from around that time. Just something to think about.
It's from 2012.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear how Matt's Kermit will sound and act.

To be honest, I never quite got used to Steve's Kermit (and yes, I know that's insane, considering how long he's been doing it.) It wasn't just the voice, there was something about the personality that felt a bit different to me from Henson's Kermit. I'm not saying it was better or worse (I think people's preferences largely depend on which one they grew up with), it was just different, and I suspect Matt's interpretation of the character will have it's own unique qualities, too.