1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Story of my life. Or so it seems. I think everyone in the world has felt like this at least once in their lives. There are quite a few things I like that the general consensus does, though.

2. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

The trick is to get to where you don’t care what others’ think about what you like.

3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Muppets From Space is a movie that I know isn't very good, but I like it anyways. It's a fun film with some decent comedy. Also, I think nostalgia plays a factor for me since it was one of the first muppet productions I watched.

xSunnyEclipse and Pig's Laundry like this.
  4. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

I agree that watching it now it's not the greatest thing ever, but I still loved when The Muppets were on the set of Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

As a kid, I loved the idea of seeing these adorable characters interacting with my favorite celebrities of the time, and that's what drew me into watching D.C. Almost Live. I think it was a good idea for Disney to re introduce The Muppets to the new generation of kids, just like what they did with Muppet Moments.

Without D.C. Almost Live, I probably wouldn't have noticed The Muppets. My true fascination to the characters wasn't until the teaser of the 2011 movie, but I remember seeing the trailer and was like "Oh it's those characters I saw on Disney Channel!" haha.

muppetgem likes this.
  5. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

Today is Jim Henson's Birthday and Steve's as well

Muppet Master and scooterfan360 like this.
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I read that on the other thread. Happy birthday to both of them.

Yorick and scooterfan360 like this.
  7. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

A lot of people still upset with Disney firing Steve WHitmire. We already found the truth and why can't everybody just let it go?

Censored and scooterfan360 like this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Because still nobody knows the entire truth of the entire situation, and we probably never will: Disney and the Hensons are sticking with their side of the story, and Steve is sticking with his side of the story, and there's two sides to every story.

9. Censored

I've never been inside my refrigerator, but I know the light goes out when I close the door.

10. D'Snowth

Thanks for the moral, Aesop.

1000 Eyes likes this.
  11. Censored

Anytime.

12. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I've been inside your refrigerator, and I can report the light does indeed go out. Oh, and sorry for eating your Chinese takeout leftovers.

gavry3 and 1000 Eyes like this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

What, you were in there too??? Now I know why it was so cramped in there!

1000 Eyes likes this.
  14. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I think someone might want to think about cleaning this out. There's something green and fuzzy in here, and it ain't Kermit!

1000 Eyes likes this.
  15. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

It's official, I'm holding all my club meetings in @Censored 's refrigerator from now on.

16. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Hey buddy, find a different fridge to freeload in. This one's taken!

gavry3 likes this.
  17. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Wait... So all that stuff in the fridge wasn't food? Whoops...

18. D'Snowth

There's a family in the freezer.

Serenity now. Insanity later.

Muppet Master likes this.
  19. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

See, and it is because the light goes out we didn't see each other. It's simple science. Oh and breaking and entering (into a home and a fridge). I hope Censored is a forgiving type or Pig's Laundry and I will be going to jail for a long time. I hope Tina Fey is the warden.

20. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I love it when this thread gets ridiculously off-topic like this. Sure as heck beats us all bickering at each other...