1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Or on the rare occasion one gets a documentary.

2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Crikey, is this thread still going? I'm one of Steve's biggest supporters, yet even I am bored with discussing it.

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

And this is the reason why I am trying to avoid it.

5. AfricAnimalAZ

AfricAnimalAZ Member

I wish the performer who departed most recently would himself get his own documentary. Twenty-seven years as one character is no small feat, but almost four decades with the Muppets...? Is that NOT the equivalent of a (doc-worthy) legacy?

There, I'm finished -- you're free to end this conversation whenever.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

To be fair, Frank recently gave a new interview in which he discusses working with Steve, so that kind of regenerated this thread for the time being.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  7. JimAndFrank

True. I guess I personally didn't feel the need to discuss it since it's just reiterating everything I've already said.

8. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Can we unsticky this thread considering it feels like Steve has kind of moved on with his life at this point?

muppetgem likes this.
  9. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think there's anything else to be said that hasn't been said already.

muppetgem likes this.
  10. xSunnyEclipse

xSunnyEclipse Active Member

Yeah, I've forgotten about the whole thing...

Steve who?

11. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

Someone should get the Admin to close this Thread

muppetgem likes this.
  12. D'Snowth

Hey, did you guys hear about Steve Whitmire no longer being with the Muppets? And that Matt Vogel will be playing Kermit now? I wonder what brought this on?

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yes, I just heard this on insert social media platform here and was very sad to hear it. I really hope he wasn't fired. I wonder who's going to be taking over his other characters. Does this mean Bean Bunny will be retired foreverr???? I wonder what David Rudman has to say about this. Has Dave Goelz ever tasted human flesh?

D'Snowth likes this.
  14. JimAndFrank

OMG this is too much! I bet it's Disney's fault. I'll never trust them again, down with the Mouse! Poor Steve, he's such an angel. If anyone disagrees with me, I'll fight them in roundabout arguments forever and ever and ever and ever....

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

So neither you or @D'Snowth have seen the Muppets on ABC? You really should, cause Scooter brought up his mom's boyfriend in the Hollywood Bowl show, so that means things from that show are canon now. How about after you watch each episode, you tell us your thoughts in the threads for that specific episode? You can watch them all here, just ignore the annoying pop-ups: http://newepisodes.co/watch-the-muppets-online-free/62815/about

16. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Henson children(who have had NO say in the Muppets since 2005) have to say. And I wonder how much they are being paid to say it.

17. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

(This comment doesn't count as part of the ''joke'')

It's been a year since he was fired, October 2016.

18. D'Snowth

Yeah, but it wasn't made public till earlier this summer.

19. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

How dare Disney! Steve Whitmire is a god! He is the best Muppeteer in the entire universe! DISNEY IS WRONG! DISNEY WILL ALWAYS BE WRONG!

(and if anybody out there believes I'm serious, I have a bridge in New York I'm letting go cheap)

20. D'Snowth

I'll bid $24 for the bridge. I mean, all of Manhattan Island is worth that. Right?