1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Take a drink everytime @Censored praises Matt and or craps on Steve (I mean this in good humor by the way).

Take a drink any other members hates on Matt.

Take a drink any other members praises Steve.

Or vise versa.

Banjo man and scooterfan360 like this.
  2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

True. It's just gonna take me awhile to get used to it.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Take a shot for everytime this thread is bumped after a brief period of inactivity.

4. ErinAardvark

We'd better have a surgeon's general warning if this is the case. WARNING: could result in alcohol poisoning.

5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

*Takes 17th vodka shot*

Wait what? There's a drinking game now?......Crap, I guess I got a head start.

6. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

People still upset at Disney for firing Steve Whitmire? Ugh! Seriously, people! Move on! Henson family are on Disney's side. He got fired for a reason.

7. LittleJerry92

I'm at this point just accepting Matt as Kermit now. Steve seems like he's moved on with this life.

Can we please just un-sticky this thread?

muppetgem and scooterfan360 like this.
  8. ErinAardvark

People will always be upset over it. Most of us have moved on. We're just waiting for the thread to get un-stickied. Or unstuck. I'm sorry if I'm misinterpreting what you meant, but your comment struck me as a bit rude.

scooterfan360 and muppetgem like this.
  9. D'Snowth

"Matt sucks!" "No, Steve sucks!"

What's the diff? Maybe they both suck because neither of them are Jim, even think of that? :p

Banjo man and scooterfan360 like this.
  10. LittleJerry92

This thread is nothing but a cancerous tumor now if anything.

11. D'Snowth

'C' is for cancer, it's bad for all of us,
    All we do is argue, and moan and whine and fuss,
    We might as well put this old thread on a bus
    Because cancer is bad for all of uuuusssss.

Cancer is bad for all of us.

12. LittleJerry92

13. D'Snowth

[​IMG]

You seriously made my night.

Banjo man likes this.
  14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

15. LittleJerry92

Tis my job. :D

Keep trying.

16. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Take a drink everytime someone tells us to stop being sad and move on from Steve.

Take another everytime someone asks for this thread to be closed.
    LOL!

17. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I've moved past it. And I'm just wondering does Steve stil do his blog

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

He hasn’t posted in a really long time and apparently, comments on his blog are closed.

BlakeConor14 and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. Prof Bunsen

Prof Bunsen New Member

Yeah, I was shocked when I heard the news too. Funny thing is I suddenly found out when I watched one of the latest "Muppet Thought of the Week" videos on YouTube, that Kermit's voice sounded a bit more lower-pitched. It then occurred to me that maybe it wasn't Steve doing it; it was someone else. So then it dawned on me that Steve was somehow dismissed, and Matt now took over. And all because of an alleged personality conflict with both Disney and the Henson Family, particularly Cheryl and Brian, who according to them didn't get along with Steve.

I'm a bit mixed on the change. To be fair, the Jim Henson Company and Disney are both private enterprises, so they could do what they want, but at the same time it'll never be the same without Steve. Steve worked with Jim for almost four decades and he saw great potential in Steve, enough to eventually follow in Jim's footsteps and take over some of his signature Muppets, including Kermit, Link, Statler, and Ernie, including Rizzo. And it makes me feel sad that Steve will no longer continue Jim's legacy. And it also makes me feel a bit sad that we're seeing the end of an era; with Whitmire gone, Dave Goelz and Louise Gold are the last remaining members of the classic lineup, and who knows when they will decide that they will both no longer suit the Henson image. What a mess.

20. cahuenga

cahuenga Active Member

Steve workerd with Jim for 12 years, and he worked with the muppets 38 years, I consider David Rudman a veteran performer too, since he started working as a Muppeter in 1981. I will miss Steve a lot.

Prof Bunsen and scooterfan360 like this.