1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

TBH, I don't actually mind the head shape, I was just noticing and emphasizing the point that Artie's Kermit was flat in multiple aspects.

2. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Well, again the biggest issue was they sort of threw a different Kermit puppeteer at us when it was totally unexpected. Now we know that Kermit has been recast, so it's easier to accept. I do agree that Artie's :) had potential. Again, his appearance on MTV with Lady Gaga was a big improvement over his performance on AGT, so it would have been nice if he had been given more of a chance. But oh well, as far as I know he still does puppeteering for Wally the Lending Tree Muppet, so there you go. :)

Banjo man likes this.
  3. Banjo man

Banjo man Active Member

Artie wouldn't bad. He has potential and in my opinion sounds the most like Jim's Kermit out of all the Kermit voices. He just sounds sorta flat (Personality and head too) but he can change.

4. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever heard Artie's Kermit.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Apparently the clip itself is no longer on YouTube, so all we have is this one that someone recorded off their TV screen, so you can't quite get an accurate representation of Artie's performance, but you get the idea:

gavry3 and Banjo man like this.
  6. ErinAardvark

Thank you. And . . . . well, once again, I don't think it sounds much like Jim's Kermit, either. But that's just me. We all hear what we want to hear, I suppose.

cahuenga and Banjo man like this.
  7. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

8. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Well, you have to realize the only other puppeteer from that production they mentioned was Jerry Nelson. They didn't say anything about Frank Oz. Honestly, if they wanted to, they could have just not said anything about Rizzo either. Also, this was a 12 minute compilation from an 86 minute movie.

I think you are making an issue out of nothing.

jvcarroll likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's very possible that they mentioned Steve but it just didn't make the cut.

And if they didn't mention him, maybe it wasn't because they're bitter, it could just be that they didn't want to detract from the video due to the controversy surrounding his exit. We can't forget that all this happened fairly recently, and we've still got fans commenting "Bring back Steve!" on every Muppet video.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

They also didn't talk about Mike Quinn or Louise Gold or the Five Man Electrical Band. You're really reading between the lines for absolutely nothing.

11. cahuenga

cahuenga Well-Known Member

I think Frank and The henson fammily aren´t pretty close these days...

scooterfan360 likes this.
  12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Ah, I remember that performance! That's probably the closest Jim-esque impression I've heard.

13. Banjo man

Banjo man Active Member

This video shows a good comparison of all of Kermit's voices. (Well the quality on Steve's voice is a little bad because it was filmed at comic-con) But still a good comparison video...And it shows audio of Artie that does not sound like it was recorded on a phone.

ryan19 and scooterfan360 like this.
  14. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Were you referring to the main subject of this discussion (Steve Whitmire)? If so, where did you get the idea that he was capable of being what being what you might consider to be a "jerk"?

15. D'Snowth

I'm just wondering if it's occured to anyone that part of the reason Kermit's head shape is different is because there's probably been different Kermit puppets over the years? I mean even if you look at Jim's Kermit, Kermit's head had a different shape in the 70s as it did the 80s - even a different body shape.

16. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

Folks, like this here reply if you agree with what I have to say:

Disney clearly wouldn't know what's best for the Muppets if it kicked em in their heads!! I intend to do everything in my power to get Steve his job back!! I can't just let 38.5 years of vocal amazement be destroyed by that company of imbeciles!! & if I seriously have to even start a protest, so be it!! Who's with me??

AfricAnimalAZ and scooterfan360 like this.
  17. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Your about 5 months to late

LittleJerry92 and scooterfan360 like this.
  18. ErinAardvark

As much as I would love it if Steve returned, I have to say it is not very likely. Disney is a huge corporation, and we could all protest until the cows come home, and they wouldn't listen.

MelissaY1 and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

Nobody, because this isn’t something you can change.

Deal with it.

20. D'Snowth

Yyyyeah. . . Good luck with that.