Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

Just saying, the Muppets version also sounds better in PAL audio.

(That also reminds me; I keep forgetting to get the blu-ray for that and Most Wanted. :frown: )

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I never understood why PAL needs to increase the Pitch in Audio

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's difficult to explain technically, but here it goes: film is projected at 24 frames per second in the NTSC projection system that's utilized in North America, parts of South America, and Japan; in the PAL system that's utilized in the rest of the world - particularly Europe and Australia, film is projected at 25 fps instead of 24, so because the film is projected at a higher framerate in PAL, there's a 4% increase in speed, which is why PAL versions of movies and shows sound sped-up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meanwhile, videotape records and plays back at 30fps regardless, so it doesn't matter where in the world you watch/listen, it looks and sounds the same.

Digital is a little bit easier: you can adjust the framerate when editing without it affecting the audio pitch at all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It still begs to me why many songs/music tracks (at least to me) sound better in PAL audio.

I mean hey, have you HEARD some of the Toy Story songs/music tracks in PAL audio? Oh my god do I get goosebumps.....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
It still begs to me why many songs/music tracks (at least to me) sound better in PAL audio.

I mean hey, have you HEARD some of the Toy Story songs/music tracks in PAL audio? Oh my god do I get goosebumps.....
Oh, I agree. Not to discredit the composers' intents, but sometimes I find that certain music sounds 'better' with the teeniest bit of a sped up pitch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree whole-heartedly, there are certain songs that do sound better in PAL than NTSC: sometimes, a higher pitch can make the world of difference, sometimes making the song sound a little more upbeat.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, still have an issue with the Count's voice. He sounds too much like a smoker.
To quote JD Hansel on his podcast: Matt's voice for the Count doesn't sound exactly like Jerry's voice for the Count, but it's hard to care about that when A: doing voices that are less character-y and more natural is always extremely difficult and B: he perfectly captures the Count's passion. Other people do impressions that may sound more accurate, but Matt can make you feel the fun, and the chutzpah, and the rapture's gusto in every number and thunder clap.