Steve Whitmire...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Is it just me, or has his voice really lowered in the past 10 years! I was listening to some music, and Rizzo sounded quite a bit higher! His Kermit has also seemed to have gotten a bit lower, which makes him sound more like Jim Henson, in my opinion. What do you think?

radionate

Reaction score
I think Steve's voice has most certainly gotten deeper over the years. Its natural for people that use their voices. Singers, voice over actors, radio folks, etc all see their voices deepen over time.

I for one have finally grown into liking Steve's Kermit, but I still consider it a different character all on its own.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah...i know what you mean about it being differant....i grew up with the voice of Steve Whitmire and was later introduced to Jim Henson's voice (i was only two when he died) it was hard knowig that the one i knew was not the original, but i have learned, and i can even distinguish the two (i know to other people not a big task but it took me a long time, and i was very proud when i learned to!) now i am an expert at telling them apart! well as much of an expert as you can be, i suppose! lately Steve's voice REALLY sounds closer than it did, although before it was ok i mean it was still kermit-y, but just tweaked a bit higher, i'll say!

some people get mad at steve, but i think he is doing an awesome job, i mean i read the interviews about when he took over for kermit and that must've been the hardest thing...i don't think many people could've handled it, but he has done an excellent job!

Jackie

Reaction score
The one part about Swamp Years....which I hated with a passion was that DEEP rabbit voice Steve used when singing "Life as a Pet"

ohhhhhh! LOL!!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
steves rizzo has always sound like rizzo every year to me....can't really tell a difference in the rats voice....

can't tell any difference in the frogs voice either....but i don't look in voice differneces...

ryan

beaker

Reaction score
OMG! I had a dream las night there was another Muppet Fest...BUT! Part of it was a nightmare...why you ask???
Because in it Steve Whitmire cut his hair!:frown:

Thank goodness it was just a dream!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
OMG! I had a dream las night there was another Muppet Fest...BUT! Part of it was a nightmare...why you ask???

i didn't know that was a nightmare for you...do you need some cocoa to soothe your nerves????
Sarah

EmmyMik

Reaction score
What's so bad about that?

That means that Jackie and I were there!

:big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score

bet it's a nightmare for steve to fix is hair in the morning..

bet it's a bigger nightmare for steve to have a good hair day..

ryan