Stinky Fozzie........

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I noticed this a little on the invisible part of VC Beaker, and a whole lot on Invisible Spray Fozzie. Does the type of clear plastic just have an unusual scent, or did the UPS deliveryperson, on his route through rural farmland Indiana have a close encounter with a cow or pig farm? Thats some of the stinkiest plastic I've ever smelt!

Poor Fozzie, he reeeeeeeeaaaaaaally needs a bath. Well hey, he's got a rubber ducky! He's the one! He makes bathtime oh so fun.............

:big_grin:

Reaction score
I was going to say something about that when i first got my Beakers, but i figured it would eventually fade, and it did. I just got my invisible spray fozzie today and your right, he stinks. But beside that he is a terrific sculpt and i love the magnetic hat feature...i was a little skeptical about how well this would work. I'm not exactly sure what to do with the rubber duckie, which falls over and won't fit in his hand, but other than that, it is great to actually hold my first series 2 figure. I'm looking forward to getting the fully painted non-stinky variant, as well as the rest of series 2.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Here's a production tip for you. The conversion of hard plastic material into liquid PVC and back to hard plastic involves various chemical based and temperature related reactions, much of which results in the build up of gasses in the harder plastic when set in a tool.

This gas, released by the material as it cools and sets, is still in the process of escaping the hard plastic weeks, sometimes months, after the figure comes out. This even effects the overal hardness and softness, which you will find plastics getting harder as time goes by as the gas escapes. It's not a harmful thing, but that is why figures smell so much when you first get them, especially ones that are heavy on PVC, which Fozzie is. No ABS whatsoever.

So really, Fozzie has gas...plain and simple.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
So really, Fozzie has gas...plain and simple.
It also looks like he been playing with poop. :big_grin: :smile:

grail

Reaction score
well, my Fozzie isn't stinky...but one of the magnets is in wrong. the hat only goes on upside down...

i already emailed Palisades through their website, but one of the nice things about the internet is that it gives everyone a chance to b**** and everyone else has to put up with it. that's it though...past that ONE problem i am VERY impressed.

i do have one question though, how is the duckie supposed to go into his hand? i can get it to stick if i really try, but it's not in there real well. am i just putting too much thought into it?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I'd show you a pic but I don't have an Invisible Fozzie here. There were a few on the internet that showed him holding it...try Michael Crawford's review site. Seem to recall one there.

grail

Reaction score
keen...i knew i'd seen it displayed somewhere. i just hadn't gotten around to finding a pic yet.

Wocka

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Here's a production tip for you. The conversion of hard plastic material into liquid PVC and back to hard plastic involves various chemical based and temperature related reactions, much of which results in the build up of gasses in the harder plastic when set in a tool.

Speaking of which, the entire first season of The Outer Limits just came out in a DVD set. 32 Episodes. Great entertainment for sci-fi fans or if you just like weird shows. Nice value too, at around 60-70 US$.
I may sound vague and off-topic, but one of the episodes relates to what Ken said.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
As a rule of thumb, I don't generally go around smelling all my action figures...

..but it would be kinda cool if Swedish Chef kinda smelled like food & stuff. Just an idea that this thread sparked.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Electric Mayhem
As a rule of thumb, I don't generally go around smelling all my action figures...
Yes, but do you smell your thumb?

Sorry, I've been hanging out with the Palisades goofs too much I think...