1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Stop the Pilling of Antron Fleece

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by pdbooch, Jan 8, 2003.

1. pdbooch

pdbooch New Member

Hey Puppet Makers,
    Have any of you worked with antron fleece? If so, how do you
    avoid it pilling during the dyeing process? I dyed my first batch tonight, but it
    pilled a bit. I did the bucket method and the color looks awsome!
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
  2. CB Boy

CB Boy New Member

I don't know from puppet building, but I think u can shave the pills off with a dog grooming shaver or a regular disposable razor.
  3. ToastCrumbs

ToastCrumbs New Member

eing processpilling during the dy

Unfortunetly this does happen sometimes when you dye antron fleece, but it really has more to do with the quality of the fleece that makes it pill up. Shaving will work, but you have to be very careful. I don't recomend it because you might take it to close to the backin' and you don't want to loose any of the surface fuzz or how else are you going to hide any seems you might have. What we do is take our curved scissors and turn them so the curve faces upward. Just begin to snip slightly and a little at a time this works pretty well.