Stop The Sequels!!!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I love a good sequel just like anyone else...but one hint here....GOOD! I have watched all the sequels I can handle.....and I am about ready to burst! Check this out

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/news58.html

disney was PLANNING on banking in on a sequel before the movie started! It makes me sick!

and if no one has noticed....the top banking movies this summer were NOT sequels....just look at Finding Nemo....which I have yet to see....ggrrrrrr

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
No no no Sarah, the correct term is CHEAPQUELS, not sequels. If any of you want to show your support for QUALITY animation, then you might want to browse this shop. And don't buy any cheapquel DVDs. Then you'll be cool. :big_grin: :cool:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's good!!!

I don't buy them...I go to camp, come back...and what's sitting there???? Jungle Book II Ahhhhh ones without the original cast are the worst!

Erine81981

Reaction score
It was ok but I know what you mean. Its ok when they can do a squaels that are ok but when they suck there's know uses seeing them. Now I know what i just said but I want to see Dumb and Dumber 2 just to laugh my butt off at stupid things.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hollywood is a business and they are only out to make one thing: MONEY.

ryan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
hollywood is a business and they are only out to make one thing: MONEY.
As long as I'm entertained by what the money-grubbing people give me, I'm fine with it.

Natalie

Reaction score
I heard there were something like 18 sequels that were coming out this summer. I'm not positive the number's right, but is that crazy or what?!
But I guess they actually do make a lot of money. People go and see them because they kind of know what to expect since they are already familiar with the characters.
I'm getting a little sick of hearing about sequels in all genres of movies though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The truth is that the economy hit everybody hard - including Disney. They are trying to get out of the red in the wrong way. The Mermaid cheapquel was the most offensive one to me. Haven't seen it - won't see it. The whole idea disturbs me. I might see the Return to Neverland because it looks like quality animation.

I can understand a Pirates sequel. It's doing great business. Nothing wrong with that. Hollywood sees sequels as a safe bet - they shouldn't. The theory is that they have a build in audience. Charlie's Angels was a hit, but fizzled at the box office quickly after negative word of mouth. The sequel contract was probably inked after the first weekend. This one appears to have had similar luck. It might not even break the 100M mark. It cost more than that to make and even more to market. It does have some fantastic commercials. I give it that.

Saw T3. It was okay. Kind of forgettable but good. The funny thing is, I’m more interested in seeing the next movie after this one. Bet on there being a T4 a couple years from now.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I guess I can almost see your point...

I say LM2 and I had to say it was better than return to neverland....of course, that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are others!

shrek 2 comes out next year...I'll probably see that....just because the original was written to be funny, the storyline came second, and it was even a good storyline....I read Julie Andrews plays Fiona's mom...sounds good to me.....but after Sinbad *shivers* dreamworks is probably putting a whole lot on Shrek 2 I think it has chances.....

now brother bear I will see....and it's not a sequel....get the hint huh? disney? huh?

ok enough ranting for now...maybe later :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Brother Bear just doesn't impress me. I keep reading articles about how people don't like traditional animation anymore. Not true. Sinbad did poorly because all the main characters look like Disney's extras. Sinbad looks so nondescript. I'd rather see Pitt do it live action. Just bad choices. This idea never looked good to me on paper.