1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Strange Muppet Radio Occurrence

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by maniacal muppet, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Hi Ed,

It was you who said earlier that MCR gets its title and album information right from the source. I don't know whether this is strictly true or not, but I don't see why it shouldn't be.
    Muppet Wikki, on the other hand, just like Wikki in general, is fan edited. There is a reason most of my college professors discourage it for research. While usually accurate, it is made up only of what people believe to be true, and not always what actually is.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey Phil... There's a bit of a problem with MC Radio's listings.

The three songs currently listed, in order are "How Wide How Far" by Junior Gorg, followed by "The Hum Song" from Fraggle Rock, then "Coddlestone Pie" by Rowlf, and those are then followed by I Am Blue" by Grover. Problem is, the radio went straight from "How Wide How Far" to "Coddlestone Pie", skipping "The Hum Song" altogether. Is this a glitch that needs fixing? Thought you'd want to know about it, hope this helps and have a good night.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Ed. I'm aware of this issue and working to get it resolved as soon as possible.
  4. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Regis Philburn?

You made a Mistake for the MCR listing, It's Regis Philbin. Thank you.
  5. The Count

Yeah... Also noticed a song from TMS attributed to "Lisa Minelli" when it should be "Liza" instead.
  6. Phillip

Both of these have been corrected. Thanks for letting me know. We want the listings to be as accurate as possible.
  7. christyb

christyb New Member

I have a quickie question. I've been busy and haven't listened to MCR in well forever. I logged on to my live365 account and it's saying MCR is a VIP only station! Is this my settings being weird or is it true?
  8. The Count

No... I'm not a VIP member and I can log onto MCR just fine sis. Must be your settings screwin' around. Try logging on to MCR via the link here at the forum's main page, remember to provide your MCR account name and password when prompted, and check the "Remember Me" checkbox.
    Hope this helps.
  9. Phillip

What happened is that at the time you were listening all of our “free” listener slots were being used. So whenever the free listener slots are full Live365 gives you this message. We have a lot of listeners during this time of year as many folks enjoy the holiday music.

You can always get access with a VIP Membership in addition to higher sound quality or you can wait until the station has “free” listener slots available. As a general rule, mid-to-late afternoon US time is typically the busiest time of day to listen.
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Phil, just on MC Radio. Their ads are playing fine but all the muppet songs are muted. You see the titles changing but hear nothing. It might be a problem on their end and sorted by time you read this but thought i'd mention it.
  11. The Count

Hey Phil. Have to agree with Luke's report. Logged in to MCR just a moment ago, got past the commercials that play whenever a free listener logs in, the "Live 365" message, and then... Nothing! No Muppet music? What happened? Sure hope this can get fixed ASAP.
  12. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to me.Hope it can get fixed soon.
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Me as well and the other LIVE 365 stations I'm listening to work just fine.
  14. Phillip

This is an issue apparently affecting some live stations, not those that are broadcasting in basic mode. I've switched ours over to basic and we'll return to live broadcasting as soon as possible.
  15. Phillip

Muppet Central Radio is now back in live broadcasting. If you experience any problems, please post them here. We've also added more than a 100 new songs to start off the new year.
  16. The Count

Hey Phil... Methinks there's something wrong with the rotation listings again.

The three songs currently listed were/are:
    We Are All Earthlings.
    The Count's Weather Report.
    I Hope That Something Better Comes Along.

Instead, I got these:
    Frog-Kissin'.
    Dear María.
    Goodbye (Bear in the Big Blue House).

Additionally, it skipped Young Traveling Matt and Grand-Uncle Gobo to "For the Birds. Just something you might want to check into.
  17. Phillip

It's fixed as we're now back to live broadcasting.
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I just heard Oscars' I love Trash which is usually followed by Bob's Face Song and that didn't play.
  19. Phillip

Sometimes "A Face" plays after "I Love Trash" and sometimes it doesn't. It just depends which version is selected each time.
  20. Gold Demona

Gold Demona Active Member

I'm not sure if it's just my connection today or what, but it tends to skip songs a lot.
    On the playlist, the song that's playing will be in the middle, and then when it ends, it skips the song listed underneath it to a song that's not even shown on the playlist.
    Then somewhere in the middle of that song, the list will go up and show the song that's playing, and still show the song that got skipped listed there, even though it never got played. :confused:

This has been happening a lot tonight, and I want to know if it's just me.