Studio DC: Almost Live, Coming Soon on DVD

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'll get the DVD, strictly based on Beauregard's enthusiasm for it in another thread, but I don't think I'll add my vote for a third episode. A new TV special for the whole family rather than just the "tween" audience? That I'll vote for.

There's a lot of good in these specials as aired on TV... there's also a lot of annoying in them. I look forward to seeing the new stuff added to the shows.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I would love a third special, maybe they could put some new guests in like maybe some from the new show, "Good Luck Charlie". The show sounds really good actually.:smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
All I'll say is...Anytime Muppet footage makes it to DVD, I think it's great. I wonder if this would get a Blu-Ray release as well? These aren't on the top of my DVD want list, but maybe if I have extra cash or I found them really cheap. I sometimes kick myself whenever I found (and still find in used DVD stores) Muppets: Letters to Santa, really cheap.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll get the DVD, strictly based on Beauregard's enthusiasm for it in another thread, but I don't think I'll add my vote for a third episode. A new TV special for the whole family rather than just the "tween" audience? That I'll vote for.

There's a lot of good in these specials as aired on TV... there's also a lot of annoying in them. I look forward to seeing the new stuff added to the shows.
That's exactly the second point I was making. There's a lot of great, classic stuff us fans would be chomping at the bit for, MFC, Muppets at Walt Disney World... but this stuff is only being released because these are at the moment stars and everything is new and shiney.

That said agreed 100%. We need celebs EVERYONE will love. I'd love to see Weird Al work with the gang somehow...Lady Gaga even... not just all Disney's tween TV stars. Something older fans can relate too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dr T, Dr T! You should know that there is a lot of very funny, very awesome stuff on the dvd, although you are right, it does focus on the DC crowd. However, something that didn't shine in the original cut but does here and in the special features is that the DC crowd LOVE the Muppets and they feel really honoured to be there with them, rather than visa versa. It is clear the Muppets are just there to have fun and to encourage the younger crowd...and also, it works really well as an introduction to the Muppets for those who don't know them so well. For example, each time a Muppet first appears they are referred to by name and display their central characteristics.

It was just too awesome to see Dr Tooth's cell phone go off while he was preparing to play for Demi's scene, to see Floyd make a pun and laugh about it in that wicked way that he does, for Piggy to be wheeled in atop a piano in a red dress to serenade the Jonas brothers and to see Pepe and Rizzo fast-talking Zach and Cody to sign onto their new 'rat and shelfish rap' record label.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow Wow Wow All of that sounds wonderful and I would love to see all of that!

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hmm never seen that show and when i look at it the dvd only runs 60 mins.
18 Euros for 60 Mins one DVD only is pretty expensive if u ask me.
One guy that bought the DVD wrote this:
"Zwei Folgen der Serie mit wenigen Stars (zb Miley Cyrus)aus dem US TV Serienbereich,
vorwiegend Disney Stars.Belanglose Sketche und Musikauftritte der Gaststars.Selten so was langweiliges gesehen.
Hat aber auch gar nichts von dem Zauber der alten Muppets Serien.
Da fragt man sich wo bleiben Season 1 der ersten Muppet Show?
Selbst Muppet Show Tonight war lustiger. "

A Translation would be:
Two episodes of the series with only a few stars ( like Miley Cyrus ) from the US Series. Mostly only Disney Stars.
Irrelevant Sketches and musicperfomances of some guesstars.
Has nothing to do with the magic of the old Muppet Series.
Someone asks himself where is Season 1 of the Muppet show ?
Even the Muppets Tonight show was more funny.

Note in germany there is still no Muppetshow on DVD and Muppetstonight was more a fail here because everyone loved the old Muppetshow.

You can order it here: http://www.amazon.de/Die-Muppets-St...=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1270135252&sr=8-16

There is also a english and itallian dub. Anyway to expensive.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Dr T, Dr T! You should know that there is a lot of very funny, very awesome stuff on the dvd, although you are right, it does focus on the DC crowd. However, something that didn't shine in the original cut but does here and in the special features is that the DC crowd LOVE the Muppets and they feel really honoured to be there with them, rather than visa versa. It is clear the Muppets are just there to have fun and to encourage the younger crowd...and also, it works really well as an introduction to the Muppets for those who don't know them so well. For example, each time a Muppet first appears they are referred to by name and display their central characteristics.

It was just too awesome to see Dr Tooth's cell phone go off while he was preparing to play for Demi's scene, to see Floyd make a pun and laugh about it in that wicked way that he does, for Piggy to be wheeled in atop a piano in a red dress to serenade the Jonas brothers and to see Pepe and Rizzo fast-talking Zach and Cody to sign onto their new 'rat and shelfish rap' record label.
I agree. Dr. Tooth does need to lighten up and be more tolerant and accepting of the DC stars. He's been mean to them for far too long, IMO.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure it's good and all, but to the surprise of no one, I'm getting pretty impatient for season 4. I can only hope they'll both be released within close proximity of each other. That and there's just SOOOOO much good stuff they can release along side it. Heck, I'd buy a collection of internet shorts on DVD. Lots of internet shows and cartoons do it all the time and it works for them. Look at Homestarrunner.

Plus, I think we all can agree we really want Muppets At Walt Disney World on DVD at some point. My old VHS copy doesn't cut it, because thanks to a station era, I perpetually lost part of a scene to a random, misplaced Ocean Spray commercial. No kidding. :grouchy:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I'm with you Dr. Tooth :big_grin:. The Muppets at Walt Disney World would be good on DVD, I mean now you can only watch it on Youtube in like several parts. Also, a full uncut version Muppet Family Christmas would be nice too.

But I just want Season 4 more than anything. They don't even have um' on Youtube.