1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Stuffed & Unstrung! (Puppet Up in New York!)

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by ToasterBoy, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ToasterBoy Member

2. rurulesunc New Member

3. beaker Well-Known Member

Not sure why they changed the name from Puppet Up, but THIS is where Henson and Muppets belong: the big apple!
  4. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Seems like they changed the name for marketing reasons. Maybe they found the word "puppet" in the title turned people off, maybe they wanted a fresh start so that audiences knew this wasn't a rerun of previous Puppet Up material, maybe the Puppet Up title is legally tied to different backters, maybe they just liked this name better. Whatever the reason, this looks like good stuff. I hope they travel to San Francisco. We'd love this!
  5. dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's just a new "theme" the latest shows are built around; like a different opening number mainly plus new sketch categories, puppets, etc. Same format but new elements to keep it fresh.
  6. beaker Well-Known Member

Well it's good to see the HA! brand kept alive. I just want some merchandise!
  7. Wiseman Member

Wow

Puppet Up coming to NYC under a new name at the Union Square theatre. That's interesting, and it's arrival date of St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) makes it good material for a birthday present for a very important person, the person is question of course being myself, I'll see if I can get my wife to arrange this as a birthday present. :)
  8. elmoplease New Member

i found a tv commercial for it here!

9. ploobis Well-Known Member

Me and the folks are gonna try to see one of the shows in either April or May.

I've always wanted to see one of the Henson Puppet Improve shows on stage!
  10. elmoplease New Member

have you seen the "casting" tape on youtube. HYSTERICAL!
  11. ploobis Well-Known Member

Yes I have, And yes it is hilarious!

Bill Barretta & Brian Henson work great together!
  12. elmoplease New Member

they met when they were 17. i guess after 30 years or so, you can finish each others' sentences!
  13. ploobis Well-Known Member

Of course.

I also Love Bill's Bobby Vegan character! Ya know he came from the Muppet character Howard Tubman from Muppets Tonight.
  14. elmoplease New Member

totally...IMO, bobby is the funniest character to come around in a long time. samson isn't bad either, but he's the straight man...er, sorta...
  15. ploobis Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Bobby & Samson were in the Stuffed & Unstrung show on stage as well.

They could probably introduce each show.
  16. beaker Well-Known Member

WOW. 30 seconds, but oh such a glorious 30 seconds.

"Mu---" , haha. Well, anything Henson puppet related to me will always be Muppets.

Just found it! ( for those wondering)
    haha, crazy stuff.

Man I didnt know Joe the Armadillo swung that way;)
  17. elmoplease New Member

that's so funny you say that. they WILL introduce the show. only "via satellite" on a big screen. the idea is that they're on vacation...i've seen a clip...should be a great intro.
  18. elmoplease New Member

stuffed and unstrung viral video #2

the second installment is now up on youtube!

19. beaker Well-Known Member

This looks like its absolutely going to blow away puppet up. For people wondering what its about or will be like,
    Check out the description and stills from here:
    http://stuffedandunstrung.com/
  20. ploobis Well-Known Member

WOW! That sounds awesome!

I can't wait to see a performance! Me and the folks are still trying to find the best day to go.

BTW, Where did you see the clip?