1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

SUMMER OLYMPICS 2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bandit, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*to other MC users*

Notice she didn't say a word about Michael Phelps there... :)
  2. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

*ehems into a fist* That's because Michael Phelps is beneath my notice. 9.9; it's time he's kicked off the spotlight by another up and coming swimmer. I get tired of seeing the same guys in the limelight all the time.

But I've gotta hand it to him. He IS good. Must be his weird medical condition they were talking about.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*to other MC members*

She never did deny it, though...

OK, I'll stop...
  4. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

*laughs* Don't be silly! Being serious gets old. Be silly! Bwahahaha

Though, I do actually have to go do my run now. o.o
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*mutters to MC members* She never denied it...
  6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

saw the torch yesterday! it was awesome! it felt bumpy though? I'll see if I can upload pics!
  7. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

YES! Oh THANK You! *_* Tremendous!
    mo likes this.
  8. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Soooo.... This is a little late in coming but I am just now getting to it so forgive me (IF anyone even cares about this other than me....haha)

The Europa Cup final was last Sunday and Spain came out victorious.
    The match was between Spain and Italy and it was slated to be a phenomenal match. Everyone was anticipating a knock-down, drag-out kind of heated competition.

It......was.....sooooooooooooooooooo....boring. Boring....boring...BOOOOORING.

Italy did next to NOTHING in this game! Spain has always been my favorite. I can't help it. Its in my family and in my blood. Still, in previous matches, Italy played such impressive soccer (futbol!) that I was swayed. I kind of wanted the underdog to win it. I mean, the passing and the tightness of their game was just so much fun to watch. The guys have skills.....or they did....and lost them somewhere between their match with Germany and their match with Spain. Anyway, next to the Spaniards, they really looked like heavy-footed, bumbling lost children out there. There were times when they barely moved. You would look up at the screen and.....a flood of red had covered the field. NOT Italy, in other words.

Spain won. Spain shot Italy down with very little trouble at all which isn't -terrible-, since I really do like Spain and think they are a tremendous team but....It makes for a TERRIBLE game to watch because there is no competition. It's basically 90 minutes of watching a team lose. YAWN.

I'm hoping, then, that the Olympics will show much better competitions than this. ^_^ I've been left wanting! Soooo once again, I'm just going to raise a cheer for the upcoming olympics at the end of this month!

WOOHOO!!! LET'S GO OLYMPIC TEAM!!!! Lets KICK SOME!
  9. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

10. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

8 days! Yaaaaay!

Who's as excited as I am?

The only bad thing is I have to watch the opening ceremony at 4 am
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I'm so excited I could throw a pie! *SPLAT!*
  12. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

HERE HERE! I am so psyched! I was online at work today looking up the schedule. It's mind blowing, though, because there are so many events going on simultaneously and I have no idea which ones will be televised and which will not. ~_~ GRRR!! I think we can guess that the more recognized and widely loved (Like gymnastics, swimming/diving, track and field) will definitely be shown but there are others.

I am dying to see the soccer and fencing and so many more. I'm going to have to do my homework and a whole heck of a lot of DVRing.

VINNY! It's SO close!
  13. Walter

Walter Active Member

-drumroll-

It's the 2012 Olympics with our special guest star, THE WORLD! YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!:)
    bandit likes this.
  14. Vincent Liu

There she goes...

My video-on-demand service is worth the two-year contract just for the Olympics.
    bandit likes this.
  15. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

AH! I'm jealous! I really am! But I'm sure we will have, at least, a good deal of coverage here....=.= WE'D BETTER! *shakes fist* OTHERWISE, there's going to be some kind of riot over here. A one woman riot.
  16. Vincent Liu

Or alternatively, you can watch it at our house. It's only about ten thousand kilometers away. :)
    bandit likes this.
  17. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

18. bandit

bandit Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Oh sure sure. By the time I get there and finish explaining why this strange lady is at your door step, the Olympics will be over and I'll STILL be in jail for trespassing.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Anyone here going to the Olympics?
  20. Vincent Liu

If you can afford plane tickets here, why not just go to London? :)