Super Beaker review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
The Mulder and Scully review sure generated a ton of discussion, both good and bad, and I suspect that tonight's review of the SDCC exclusive Muppet Super Beaker will do the same.

No, sir, I didn't like it. Yes, the sculpt looks good, and the paint ops were decent (but tacky). No, the big problem here was the soft plastic, and longer right leg, along with the amazing falling off right foot. I had high hopes for this guy, and was pretty disappointed by the final product. Palisades is burdened with a stupendous reputation, and when they slip, it's so much more obvious.

Check it out at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I would have never noticed the leg thing if I hadn't read this review...:stick_out_tongue: I thnk my BOP Fozzie as that, either that, or his foot is messed...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well, my Super Beaker stands fine with I have his pack on and chest out in a super hero pose. I think too many people are trying toi stand him up straight. Also, how do you figure out your overall score? It's less then the actual average.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Great review, as usual! :smile: :wink:

I'm concerned about that tacky paint and soft plastic stuff. I really hope they fix that problem for Series 9 :concern:

WiGgY

Reaction score
At least he wasn't shiny. The shiny Scooter, Phil, and MArvin faces are bugging me.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Actually, my S8 were perfectly fine, except for the bottom of Phil's shoes. I'm glad I didn't get the sticky/shiny ones...and from what I've heard, I was lucky, because most people got the sticky ones...:frown:

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
The overall score SHOULD NOT be the average of the other scores, since that implies all the other scores are equally weighted. If I buy a McToys figure without any articulation, knowing that, expecting it, and saying that it wasn't important to me in that particular license, then it may get a very poor score in that category, but it won't effect the overall as much as sculpt. Packaging never counts as much, and something like Fun Factor depends on the license as well.

Everybody weighs the individual scores differently, and they even do it differently for different lines. That's why breaking them out is so important - you might care very much about articulation, and so your overall score would be much lower on a McToys 'statue', for example.

Michael
MWC