Super Bowl XLI

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Am I the only one who doesn't get the point of watching sports on television? You should be going out and trying the sports yourself, not watching over-payed idiots play the game.

Edit: 150th post!
I agree, I never watch sports on TV, it's more fun in person! i don't play much though, I'm not athletically inclined, heh. When I do, it's just to have fun with friends.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
You should be going out and trying the sports yourself, not watching over-payed idiots play the game.
I believe they prefer the term "financially stable professianal sportsmen of lesser mental capacity". :smile:

And, for the most part, I agree, it's alot more fun to play than watch. I love playing tennis, but I really dislike watching it on TV. I think golf's another game I could get into playing, but it just takes too long to watch. Basketball, baseball, etc.; I'd rather play, than watch. Nascar: rather drive than watch, but it's unfortunately illegal. :stick_out_tongue:

For some reason, though, I just really got into the football game last night. Maybe it's just because are the last games of the season. It makes the game more interesting to watch. Maybe I'll just consider myself a January/February Football watcher. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I do enjoy whaching them then playing them because I'm no good at them. But I heard the game last night but I didn't whach it. Go somebody!:big_grin:

furryredmonster

Reaction score
One of the teachers is a Bears fan, apparently, for he replaced the American flag with a bears flag and put a big blow up football player for the bears thingy by the water machine... everyone got mad and covered it with "Go Colts!" signs. A few even attempted to pop it so they had to put cones around it so no one would do so.

People get too worked up over a simple football game...

Teheheman

Reaction score
messyplace said:
I tried watching the Super Bowl last year..I couldnt get into it all....American Football just seems so boring to me. Suppose you need to support one of the teams or something.
That's only cause you need testosterone to watch football. That and our fans are more civilized than soccer fans.
Anyways, this is a good matchup, Da Bears punishing D vs the explosive Colts offense. On one hand, the Colts have Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Addai and their D can probably hold their own vs. the Jecky and Hyde QB known as Grossman. BUT, on the other hand, the Bears D has Urlacher among others that can punish the Colts O-line and if they get to Manning, they might win. So, my prediction is Colts 34, Bears 31. Vinaterri wins it at the end.

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
That's only cause you need testosterone to watch football. That and our fans are more civilized than soccer fans.
What a stupid thing to say.

Well done.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Super Bowl is the only football game I watch out of the entire year. It doesn't help that my team currently sucks so it's not like they even had a chance of making it. Anyway, I'm rooting for the Bears because at least they are in my division. I actually really look forward to the Super Bowl. I love the commericals like alot of people probably do, but I also like making snacks and socializing with people, it's alot of fun. And sometimes the games are really exciting no matter who you're rooting for. So I say "yea Super Bowl!" I can't wait! :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I love the commericals like alot of people probably do, but I also like making snacks and socializing with people, it's alot of fun. And sometimes the games are really exciting no matter who you're rooting for. So I say "yea Super Bowl!" I can't wait! :smile:
I'd say that's about the best part of the Super Bowl. I've never watched it without having friends there.