Super Bowl XLI

Teheheman

Reaction score
I say the best part of it, if it's a blowout anyways, is the commercials.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Speaking of commercials, the Muppets have had one on every year for a couple of years now (at least three years). Do you think we'll see any this Super Bowl?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm, good question Super Scooter. I would think we would've heard something about it by now if there was? Sure would be a nice surprise! :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
If K-Fed can get a Super Bowl commercial, the Muppets'll surely get one.

Daniel

Beakerfan

Reaction score
You said it!

I don't really know who to root for this year. My Eagles didn't make it, and that's what matters most to me. Bears? Colts? Maybe I'll just root for Prince....... Now wouldn't that be a sight? Pretty boy Prince out there playin football!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did anyone chach the Puppy Bowl a couple of years back? It was this thing on I or animal planet that aried during the Super bowl and was just as long, too. And these little puppies were in this little box that was shapes like a football stadium and they had these little football doggie jerzees on and they just ran back and forth in that little wooden area for like four hours strait. Now that's quailty television programming!:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Did anyone catch the Puppy Bowl a couple of years back? It was this thing on I or animal planet that aried during the Super bowl and was just as long, too. And these little puppies were in this little box that was shapes like a football stadium and they had these little football doggie jerzees on and they just ran back and forth in that little wooden area for like four hours strait. Now that's quailty television programming!:big_grin:
Ha, that is SO cute!!! I didn't catch that, but that's sure my kinda show! :wink:

I'm not a big football person, but I do think it'll be interesting to see who wins this year.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
That's only cause you need testosterone to watch football. That and our fans are more civilized than soccer fans.
I wouldn't go that far. Years ago, the Cowboys were playing the Eagles at the Eagles home stadium. Former Dallas Cowboy wide reciever and now ESPN anchor Micheal Irvin was seriously injured and the Eagles fans were applauding and cheering when Irvin was still on the ground, cheering him for being injured.

Now how is that civilized?

Teheheman

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I wouldn't go that far. Years ago, the Cowboys were playing the Eagles at the Eagles home stadium. Former Dallas Cowboy wide reciever and now ESPN anchor Micheal Irvin was seriously injured and the Eagles fans were applauding and cheering when Irvin was still on the ground, cheering him for being injured.

Now how is that civilized?
It's more civilized because they weren't shooting flares at his head. They were just glad that he got injured because they knew that he was a great player on a rival team. If that were an Eagles player on the ground, they wouldn't do something like that. Plus, I think they knew he was ok, so it was ok to cheer that he was injured.

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
so really...not civilized at all.

There are no flares aloud in English stadiums either.