Super Bowl XLI

Teheheman

Reaction score
messyplace said:
so really...not civilized at all.

There are no flares aloud in English stadiums either.
They aren't allowed, but it doesn't mean that they don't bring em. What about the stadiums that have barbed wire around them?

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
You've never actually watched a game take place in England have you?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
messyplace said:
You've never actually watched a game take place in England have you?
And you haven't seen every single game that took place in England to possibly know that, have you?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
messyplace said:
Not far off.
But you haven't seen every single game. So you wouldn't know if that has happened, therefore you are in no position to say that no one has brought flares to a game in England.

messyplace

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
But you haven't seen every single game. So you wouldn't know if that has happened, therefore you are in no position to say that no one has brought flares to a game in England.
I am very much in the position to say that.

It has never been a done thing in England, there has been hooliganism in the past, but even back then, it didnt involve flares. Bringing flares into grounds has always been something the Spanish/Italians/Turks do...and it isnt to do harm either, most of the time. It's mearly part of their traditions and adds to the atmosphere.

If it happened in England, it would make the news, there's no doubt about it. If you don't understand then you shouldn't comment.

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Who said I didn't understand?

All I'm sayin' is that I doubt you've seen every single game, that you've read every single newspaper and watched the news every single minute it was on. So it could have very well happened in England without you knowing it.

messyplace

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
Who said I didn't understand?

All I'm sayin' is that I doubt you've seen every single game, that you've read every single newspaper and watched the news every single minute it was on. So it could have very well happened in England without you knowing it.
It would make every single newspaper, so i'd only need to read one. It would be on the news about 30 times in a day, I watch the news a couple of times a day. I probably do watch every game played in England over a weekend via highlights...and if there was any incidents they would feature in the highlights.

Flares are not used in England at football matches, simple as that.

Barbed wire fences are not used in English football stadiums any more either.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Aha, anymore, which means that they were used previously. Which was my point. That barbed wire shouldn't actually be used to keep fans away. England must have had problems in the past with this, or else they wouldn't have any reason to put barbed wire on the stadiums in the first place.

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Aha, anymore, which means that they were used previously. Which was my point. That barbed wire shouldn't actually be used to keep fans away. England must have had problems in the past with this, or else they wouldn't have any reason to put barbed wire on the stadiums in the first place.

Daniel
They were put in place incase of anything ever happening, it wasnt known at the time how people may react at such events. Again you've assumed. They were actually taken down due to the fact they caused more problems than they solved. See the hillsborough disaster for proof of that.

Your point was that American sports fans are more civilized than the English, which you tried to prove by saying we took flares into grounds and had barbed wire around the stadiums, which isnt true, clearly.

All countries still have their problems with a small minority of idiotic sports fans, America is no different to this.