Super Bowl XLVIII: The Commercials

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While we have another thread for the game and another thread for the Muppets Toyota commercial, this one is for discussing the commercials.

There have been years where we've been surprised by Muppet references in some of the commercials. We'll have to see if there are any more surprises this year.

Let us know which commercials you liked and those you didn't care for. After the commercials air, feel free to embed video links here as well.

:boo: :sleep:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
They announced the pregame is the Muppets Most Wanted pregame. Wow Disney sure is pushing the promotion at the super bowl this year...

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for the movie on the pregame. This is a big commitment for the movie. Wonder if we'll see any commercials during the Super Bowl.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The only commercial from the first half I found impressive aside from the muppets one was the small Seinfeld skit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The RadioShack one was good. The one we laughed at the most was the TurboTax one.

But, of course, I loved the Muppets. For a 60-second ad, it felt so short.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we got a mix bag of Spanish and English commercials here. Missed out on everything Muppet-related, thankfully I'd already seen them through the links at the Muppet Mindset. :zany:

Didn't rully understand most of them. At least they'll repeat tomorrow and through the week so I'll catch the commercials then.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Muppets commercials were great, especially seeing the Electric Mayhem performing a musical number. Another one I really liked was for Intuit/Goldie Blox toys with the girls launching all those girl toys into space. And Budweiser's commercial with the puppy was really sweet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always have the same problem. Whenever I switch the game on to watch commercials, I get the privilege of seeing the freaking local commercials. You know, the same ones that you can see any time during any show that aren't impressive at all?

Just as well... these spots always use the same gags over and over anyway.