Super-Hero Curriculum for Kids Church

wes

Reaction score
Hey all, I didn't know where it would be good to post this so I figured here would be good. I figured we have a lot of folks here who are in a puppet ministry or help in church or what not. these topics could incorparate puppets in the skits heavily or the whole program.

I was a kids Pastor for a few years and I planning to go back into the Kids Ministry I was getting a jump start on writing some curriculum , I figured that this might give other some cool Ideas for use in kids ministry and yall might like to contribute add anything and I would like to get some feedback

I was inspired yesterday by the Spiderman Movies and all the Comic book movies that have came out ( I was a advad comic book junkie at one time) to write some curriculum for kids church to ride the Super Hero wave. It's not complete just some topics take from Super hero catch phrases. Here it is:

Super-Hero Curriculum

Week 1
“With Great Powers, Comes Great responsibility”
Knowing and using the Powers we have as Christ followers

Week2
“Up Up and away”
Waiting for Jesus’ return

Week3
“By the Power of Grey skull (Calvary)”
The Holy Spirit
( in greek Calvary means Place of the Skull)
Week 4
“The Christians Kryptonite”
Temptation“

*First or last week we have a Super hero day every one dress as their favorite superhero and we have a party*

Other topics:
“From Zero to Hero”
Jesus Birth to Grave and resurrection

“Jesus’ Comics”
The parables of Jesus

“Don’t make me Angry you would like me when I’m angry.”
Or
“Revenge”
Jesus coming and taking vengeance

“Wonder Women”
Women of the Bible

“Teen Titians”
Change the world through Christ at a young age​

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Good Assistance there for Kid's Church!

There is always a need for some good relative kid's church curiculum. The Super Hero Theme is a very good direction. I am sure you know the Hill Song version of "Jesus Superhero." It would definetly fit with such a curiculum. Great ideas - keep up the excellent Kingdom work!:sing:

Phantom

Reaction score
Wes-
Excellent. My team and I are pursuing this same type of program. We are in the development stage and your list will give us some brain fodder. Thanks.

wes

Reaction score
Yeah sounds cool, enjoy!

I told one of my kids last night about it he thought it was coolhe suggested a topic: "To Infinity and Beyond"
I geuss that would go along with Revalations or something.

Does any one else have any input to these.

Oh dkmontgomery, I figured this would make a great kids revial theme to like for 4 day or so!
and My kids love Jesus Super hero that could be the Theme song!

I figured we could ride the superhero wave, to help the kids!! and the cool thing were having shirts mad up in a Superman fashion to go along with it's gona be great!

Phantom

Reaction score
dkmontgomery said:
There is always a need for some good relative kid's church curiculum. The Super Hero Theme is a very good direction. I am sure you know the Hill Song version of "Jesus Superhero." It would definetly fit with such a curiculum. Great ideas - keep up the excellent Kingdom work!:sing:
I'm not familiar with this song. Can you hum a few bars?

wes

Reaction score
Hey phantom, I found this, you can listen to the track it very chatchy it's stuck in my head know thanks DK:smirk: :smile:

Enjoy: Superhero

Phantom

Reaction score
Cool! I like that. We very rarely use music, but when we do, its usually an original recording. One of my puppeteers is a musician. He did a "grungy" cover of I love Rock and Roll to which we changed the words to more Christian lyrics.

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Superhero

Somebody once suggested that you might have the kids dress like a super hero for a service during the song. Just a thought.:rolleyes: You know, where it says Jesus is better than spiderman, batman, ect.....:rolleyes:

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Theme

wes said:
Yeah sounds cool, enjoy!

I told one of my kids last night about it he thought it was coolhe suggested a topic: "To Infinity and Beyond"
I geuss that would go along with Revalations or something.

Does any one else have any input to these.

Oh dkmontgomery, I figured this would make a great kids revial theme to like for 4 day or so!
and My kids love Jesus Super hero that could be the Theme song!

I figured we could ride the superhero wave, to help the kids!! and the cool thing were having shirts mad up in a Superman fashion to go along with it's gona be great!
Yeah. I know that the Superhero song was real big at alot of the camps this last year from what I have heard.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
I was at a church down the street from mine, and their program is called, "Heroes Unmasked" but it focused on specific people from the Bible. I then helped them with some puppeteering for their Christmas Show:smile: