Super Muppets

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Hello all! I promised I'd have a fanfiction up soon, and I had a great idea for one. As many of you know, superhero movies have been popular this past decade, so I thought I'd write one with a Muppet spin, and I hope you like it!

Super Muppets

Chapter1
Our story begins in the urban part of the town in which many colorful characters live. In the heart of the city was the corporate office of Walters Bunkers Inc., a company that specialized in the sale of bunkers for people to use in case of a disaster.
Unfortunately, this town had never experienced those kinds of disasters, so the citizens never really worried about having shelter in case of a flood, tornado, or alien invasion. Needless to say, Walters Bunkers, Inc. wasn’t doing too well.
The CEO of the company, Donald F. Walters, III had called his employees in for a meeting to discuss their problems with sales. They all gathered around a long table while Walters paced in front of his chart.
“Ladies and gentlemen” he began. “This company has been around since the Cold War. By the end of the Cold War, we had sold over 10,000 bunkers. In 1989, 9,000 bunkers. By 1999, 5,000 bunkers. Would anyone care to tell me how many we sold last year?”
A woman in a gray suit raised her hand.
Walters leaned over, a coy smile on his face. “Yes, Ms. Adams?’ he purred.
“Uh, 7?” Ms. Adams said in a small voice.
“7!” Walters screamed, banging both fists on the table. Regaining his composure, he spoke again. “What does that tell you people?”
A man in a brown suit raised his hand. “That people don’t want to buy bunkers anymore?” he suggested.
“Or that they don’t need to,” The blond man next to him snickered.
Walters paced over to the window, gazing at the skyline. “Well, that may be true,” he said. “But we’re not giving up that easily.” He turned back to his employees. “All of your jobs depend on it. Now focus on selling! Meeting adjourned.”
The employees all gathered up their suitcases and left the room to go home for the day. Walters took a seat at the table, burying his face in his hands. However, once he was certain everyone was gone, the CEO reached down, picked his suitcase up, and snapped it open.
Inside were several schematics. He unfolded them. One each of them was a model for a giant robot. Each one was planned to stand about 50 feet tall, and include lasers, missiles, and other weapons.
Walters rubbed his hands together and grinned evilly. “Once these beautiful creatures are built, everyone in America will be begging to buy my bunkers!” He snickered.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
(This chapter includes the Muppets!)

Chapter 2: Just Another Ordinary Day:
The next morning, a few miles away, the residents of the Muppet boarding house were having breakfast in their dining room. It was an ordinary morning in the house. Kermit the Frog held things together at the table in case of weirdness. Johnny Fiama and his fiancée Sabrina were eating cannolis and discussing their plans for their wedding in the following month. Gonzo was drinking milk through his long nose, while his best friend Rizzo the Rat stuffed his face with jelly doughnuts half his size. Miss Piggy hadn’t joined the gang yet; she was still on the second floor getting ready.
Their human friends, Ashley Carter and Ramon Simmons, who had a little time before their first classes of the day, joined the Muppets. Ramona helped Kermit’s five-year-old nephew Robin cut his pancakes. Ashley, on the other hand, had fallen asleep while listening to Sam Eagle talk.
“And that is exactly why Ann Coulter is a better writer than Michael Moore.” Sam finished as Ashley snored
Suddenly, Ashley snapped awake. “Yes, Sam, that was a fascinating story and/or original thought,” she said, barely hiding the fact that she had ignored his every word. “Now I have to leave the table for no reason.” She took her plate to the sink.
Sabrina ate her third cannoli while making a list of guests to invite to the wedding. She looked up briefly. “Johnny, should we invite your mom?” she asked. “I still haven’t met her yet.”
Johnny choked on his cappuccino. “No!” he exclaimed.
Sabrina was surprised by her fiancé’s response. “Why not?”
“Mama doesn’t know I’m engaged,” Johnny explained. “She doesn’t even know I’ve lived here for the last two years.”
Fozzie Bear looked up from his toast. “What does she think you’ve been doing for two years?” he asked.
“I don’t want to talk about it,” Johnny muttered.
“He told her he was going out for milk and never came back, “ Sal, Johnny’s monkey sidekick, explained.
Johnny frowned. “Thank you, Sal,” he said sarcastically.
Ramona buttered a piece of toast. “I can’t believe you haven’t told your own mother that you’re engaged,” she told Johnny.
“That’s because every time I go home with a girl, my mama chases her away,” Johnny told her. “Until I met Sabrina, I hadn’t had a date in five years.”
Ashley and Rizzo snickered.
Sal glared at them. “Maybe you two need a drink,” he growled.
Ashley ignored him. “And they say I’m a geek,” she snickered.
Sal grabbed her in a headlock. “I’LL TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF, YOU LITTLE TWERP!” he screamed.
Kermit scrunched his face up. “Sal, let go of her!” he ordered.
Sal ignored the frog and squeezed Ashley’s neck. “NOBODY CALLS JOHNNY FIAMA A GEEK!”
Johnny raised his eyebrow at Sal. “Sal, is that any way to treat a lady?” he asked.
Sal calmed down. “No. Sorry, Johnny,” he said, releasing Ashley.
The tiny girl rubbed her neck. “Jerk,” she muttered.
Just then, Miss Piggy entered the kitchen. “Good morning, little people!” she said cheerfully.
“Morning, Piggy,” Kermit said.
Suddenly, a loud explosion from the basement laboratory known as Muppet Labs shook the house. The kitchen table shook violently. Orange juice spilled on the pancakes, a plate of eggs fell on Pepe, and syrup spilled in Gonzo’s cereal.
“I’ve got syrup in my cereal,” Gonzo said. “Awesome!” He dug his spoon into the bowl and took a big bite.
“What was that?” Piggy shouted.
“It came from the lab,” Rowlf the Dog said.
Gonzo wiped milk off the tip of his nose. “Let’s go check it out,” he suggested. All of the Muppets except for Kermit darted down to the basement to see what the source of the explosion was.
Ramona stood up and grabbed her backpack. “Well, on that note, Ash and I have to go to school,” she told Kermit.
Ashley grabbed her messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder. “Yeah, but thanks for breakfast, Kermit,” she said. She and Ramona left the kitchen for the front door.
“Bye, girls,” Kermit said, waving.
Meanwhile, in the lab, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew was stirring a test tube of green liquid. He briefly examined it. “It still needs the secret ingredient, Beaker,” he told his assistant.
“Me me me me me,” Beaker squeaked. He brought a flask of red liquid to the counter. Just as he was about to add it, the other Muppets ran into the lab.
“What are you idiots doing?” Piggy snapped. “And this better be good.”
“Yeah, what are you guys working on?” Fozzie asked more politely.
“I’m so glad you asked,” Bunsen told him. “We’re working on a formula that, if successful, will give anyone who takes it perfect health.” He turned back to Beaker. “Okay, Beaker, add the final ingredient.”
Beaker poured the red liquid into the test tube. Suddenly, it began bubbling very quickly and violently. Then, all of the sudden…
BOOM!
The substance erupted, covering the Muppets with brownish green goop.
Piggy wiped some off her face. “Look what you’ve done!” she screamed at the scientists. “I just finished moisturizing!”
Johnny wiped some goop off his jacket. “I just bought this suit!” he said angrily.
“This is an outrage!” Sam yelled.
Gonzo licked some off of his nose. “Not bad,” he said.
Bunsen held his hands up to calm everyone down. “No one panic,” he said calmly. “This substance has been exhaustively tested.”
Scooter cleaned some goop off of his glasses. “So it’s safe and won’t kill us?”
“I didn’t say that,” Bunsen replied.
Sabrina charged at him, her hands curled into fists. “That’s it!” she cried. “Let me at him! Let me…!” She was cut off when she slipped on a puddle of the goop and fell on her back.
“Come on, guys, let’s just go upstairs and see if we can wash this stuff off,” Fozzie said. He led the gang upstairs to the house’s only bathroom.
“Those two are dead after I change,” Piggy muttered as she trudged up the stairs.
The Muppets had no idea how that experience would change their lives.

I know it's got some flaws, but I'm working on it.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Sorry about the typo. The title is supposed to say "Super", not "Supper".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You wants I should change it then? BTW: Good start. Would advise you read through some of muppetwriter's previous comic book movie/Muppet crossovers for inspiration.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Hi, I've been gone for a while. I gave up on this story some time ago, but i'd like to start trying to write it again. I'll just have to brainstorm a while.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Chapter 3: The Big Change

After the gang had washed the green goop off of themselves and changed their clothes, they went about their day normally (or, at least as normally as they could).

Johnny and Sabrina were in the living room practicing their wedding song, “Beyond the Sea”. Sabrina played her saxophone while Johnny sang:

“Somewhere,
Beyond the sea,
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands…”

Sabrina took her mouthpiece out for a minute. “You’re smoking, baby!” she cried.

Johnny looked over at her. “Thank you, babe,” he said calmly, before going back to his song. “…And watches the ships…”

Sabrina pointed at his back. “No! I mean you’re actually smoking!”

Johnny looked over his shoulder and realized that smoke was actually coming out of his back. Suddenly, he burst into flames. “What the…?” he exclaimed in a panicked state.

Sabrina screamed. “You’re on fire!” she shouted. She jumped off the couch and started to run from the room. “I’ll get the extinguisher!”

Suddenly, the flames were gone as quickly as they came, and Johnny collapsed on the ground. He was unharmed, but his suit was charred. “I just bought this one, too,” he complained.

Sabrina ran over to her fiancé. “You all right, baby?” she asked.

“I think so,” Johnny said, still in shock over what just happened.

“How’d that happen?” Sabrina asked. “Try to do it again.”

Johnny raised an eyebrow. “You kidding?” he asked, looking at Sabrina as if she was crazy.

“Make it smaller,” Sabrina suggested.

Johnny sighed. He flicked his thumb and forefinger, and a tiny flame came out of the forefinger. He and Sabrina gasped.

Elsewhere in the house, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem were holding a jam session in their practice room.

Dr. Teeth took his seat at his piano. The other members, except for Janice, who was in the kitchen getting snacks, picked up their instruments.

“Okay, gang,” Dr. Teeth said. “…Two, three, four…”

“The band started to play.

Floyd sang the first line:

“Girl, you really got me going,
You got me so I don’t know what I’m doing…”

Dr. Teeth sang next:

“Yeah, you really got me now.
You got me so I can’t sleep at niiiight!…”
He sang the last line so loudly that he shattered the window.

Floyd covered his ears. “Hey, man!” he shouted. “You don’t need to scream the line; we’re not deaf!”

Zoot, the saxophonist, had his hands over his ears, too. “What?” he shouted.

Floyd pointed at Zoot. “…Though he might be now.”

Dr. Teeth shook his head. “I don’t even know how that happened,” he told them.

Suddenly, the door to the room opened, and an odd thing happened: a bowl of veggie crisps came floating in.

“Like, guys, I brought some veggie crisps,” Janice’s voice said, but she was nowhere in sight.

The four male band members just sat there, blankly staring at the floating bowl.

“Like, what are you guys, like, staring at?” Janice’s voice asked.

“Baby, where are you?” Floyd asked.

The bowl floated onto a table. Suddenly, Janice appeared out of nowhere. “I’m, like, right here, sweetie,” she said to Floyd.

The four male band members sat back, mouths agape.

“What’s wrong with you guys?” Janice asked them. The men did not respond. She sighed. “Like, I’m going to get some drinks. You know, like, sometimes you guys are just too weird.” She went back down to the kitchen.

After a few minutes, Zoot spoke. “You guys,” he began.

“Yeah, we saw it,” Dr. Teeth said.

Later that day, the residents of the house gathered in the living room and waited for Kermit. When he came in, he was surprised to see all his friends in the same room, especially since most of them looked very concerned.

“Hi, guys, what’s going on?” he asked.

“Kermie, dear,” Piggy began. “Something strange has been happening to all of us all day…”

Rizzo cut her off. “Yeah, something really…” he started to say.

“I was talking!” Piggy said. She karate chopped the rat, and he went flying right through the wall, all the way to the yard.

Kermit gasped. “You’ve never hit anyone hard enough to break the house,” he told Piggy.

“And watch this,” Piggy went on. She floated several feet off the ground. Kermit gasped again.

“Look at this,” Dr. Teeth said. “And you all might want to plug your ears.” Everyone did, and he let out a sonic scream that shattered every vase and window in the room.

“Who else has found some weird ability?” Kermit asked. Everyone in the room raised their hand, paw, or wing.

Just then, the front door opened, and in walked Ashley and Ramona.

“Hey guys,” Ramona said cheerfully. “What’s going on?”

Ashley took note of the broken vases and windows. “What happened here?” she asked.
The Muppets all looked at each other. What to tell the girls?

I'll start working on Chapter 4 right away.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice... I detect traces of Fantastic Fourishness and Black Canary intermixed with other traits... Is good, please continue.