Supposed new Archie cartoon series

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the very early planning stages, and the article completely forgets about 1999's Archie's Weird Mysteries and the Nicktoons DIC movie "Archie meets the Jugman." Oh... and the 1980's New Archies cartoon series. Not well researched.

Anyway, no details are given, and there's talk of a live action movie and the even looser talk about DTV movies ala DC comics.

snichols1973

Reaction score
And then there's the Filmation version of The Archie Show, which was originally part of the 1968-69 CBS Saturday morning lineup (the article mistakenly dates it as 1963), and later shown in syndicated reruns.

The cast featured John Erwin as Reggie Mantle, Dallas McKennon, Howard Morris, and Jane Webb.

Reruns of The Archie Show and other Filmation classics (as well as other classic animated programming such as Mr. Magoo, etc.) can be seen on KTV, which is channel 264 on Dish Network, but I don't know what channel designation it has on other cable providers......

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Didn't Warner Bros. announce a live-action movie feat. Archie less than a week ago?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And then there's the Filmation version of The Archie Show, which was originally part of the 1968-69 CBS Saturday morning lineup (the article mistakenly dates it as 1963), and later shown in syndicated reruns.
Oh, they mentioned those in the article (in not so many words... more like acknowledged those shows). Just strange that they forgot the 2 DIC series and the Nicktoons/DTV movie. Sticks out for me because Archie's Weird Mysteries is my personal favorite of the bunch.

Anyway, it would be cool if the new Sabrina show would have some passing mention of the Groovy Goolies. Technically, Archie owns those characters, not sure how much of the stock Dreamworks (under Classic Media which bought the Filmation library) owns of the characters, though.