1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Svenska Sesem question

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Drtooth, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I asked this over in the Youtube thread, but I think I should have asked it in it's own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbm0q4Cg-Dk

It's the Swedish opening. Maybe someone can help me with this one. Is the animation from it the same studio that animated the Swedish cartoon number segments?
  2. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

All the animations from Svenska Sesam was made by Owe Gustafson.
  3. Drtooth

So, is it the same person/people that worked on the Swedish animated segments that were used on the American SS? They seem to have a similar style. Unless it's just there regional style of animation.
  4. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I can't confirm or deny that he also made segments for Sesame Street.
    I know that Andrew noted that in the article he made for Hanson & Fia Jansson ( http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Hansson_and_Fia_Jansson ). But I do know that he did animations for "Fem myror är fler än fyra elefanter", a series from 1975, that was inspired by Sesame Street and that there where some kind of contact between the the producers of the two shows but other than that I don't know.
  5. Drtooth

Fem myror är fler än fyra elefanter

Does that mean something loosly like "Five Ants is more than Four Elephants?"

In that case, I recall the member IsNorden (I hope I got that right) saying some of those animated segments were used on Sesame Street.
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

yup thats what it means
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

*Waves at muppet_dk. Hi muppet_dk, glad to see you here again, even if it's just a brief stay.

Hope everything's OK with you.
  8. Drtooth

I might as well post this quote. ISNorden posted it for me in the "What sketches scared you as a kid" thread vis a vis those animations...