1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Swamp Call

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by TogetherAgain, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh my goodnerss...

*struggling for air*

This line did it for me: “You can tell them that I really liked tonight’s show,” she said.

After that I was totally gone, shiving, yes indeed I was...and then this line: “Why aren’t we there with him?”

And then I was covered in goosebumps...and wow....it was all...wow...
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

*stunned silence*

Ok, ok, let me try again...

*speechless*

These past two chapters were possibly the most powerful of the entire story (I almost wrote movie, because this is good enough to be one) I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have a gift Lisa. Keep it coming, don't ever stop writing. I look forward to reading more.
  3. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Wow, that was amazing! That teddybear sure did come in handy. The Chicago number was terrific, and Piggy's "line," and so many other things...
    Why do I get the feeling the frogs will have other muppet company before the next day is out?
  4. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

*coff, coff*
    *glances from behind his back slightly shaking head*
    Gard.... is that you?..
    *smiles slightly*
    ..ts-ts-ts.....
  5. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Chapter twenty-eight

An old frog sat on a couch in the hospital waiting room. His elbow was propped up on the armrest with his hand resting heavily on his walking stick. He was very still, listening to the hushed small talk of the smaller groups of frogs that scattered the floor of the room. A few young frogs in front of him were trying to play a game.

“I spy with my little eye, something... green.”

“Is it me?”

“No.”

“Is it you?”

“No.”

“Is it Jack?”

“No.”

“Is it Ann?”

“No.”

“Is it Kelly?”

“No.”

“Is it Tabby?”

“No.”

“Is it Grandpa?”

“Yup!”

“Okay my turn! I spy with my little eye something... green.”

The old frog’s son was sitting next to him, also vaguely listening to the surrounding conversations.

“Well,” the old frog sighed, “You know, Kermit, it’s nice to see everyone together.”

Kermit nodded as he looked around the room. “Yeah,” he said thoughtfully. “The whole family’s here.”

The old frog grunted vaguely. “Not often you see us all, just... sitting around like this.”

“Mm,” Kermit agreed.

“I mean look.” The old frog inched forward and pointed around the room. “We’ve got Abby and Tim over there, with all their lil’ frogs... We’ve got Ya-Ya and Jordan over there, ‘n’ all their lil frogs...”

Kermit nodded. “Yeah,” he said. “We’ve even got Jimmy and Leaper sitting together, with all of their little frogs. We don’t see that too often.”

“Yeah,” the old frog said. He pointed. “We’ve got Maggie over there with Croaker,” he said.

Kermit nodded. “Yeah. It was nice of Croaker to come.”

“He’s a good frog,” the old frog nodded vaguely. “He’s a good frog.” He looked around the room again. “Everyone’s sitting with their significant other and their kids,” he observed. “We’re all in... clumps.”

Kermit smiled. They settled back into their individual quiets for a moment.

The old frog turned to his son. “Kermit?” he said. “Why are you sitting with me?”

Kermit looked at his father, surprised. “Pardon?”

The old frog lifted his walking stick an inch, made a small circle in the air and set it down. “We’re all in clumps,” he said. “So. Where’s your clump?”

“Mm,” Kermit shrugged.

A nurse came into the waiting room. The sight of her pale blue scrubs brought the hushed small talk to a halt. Her brown eyes darted around the room. She took a deep breath. “Is this the family of Mrs. Jane the Frog?” she asked.

The old frog stood up, leaning on his cane. “Yes,” he said as his son also stood. “That’s us.”

The nurse pushed her long light hair back as most of the room’s amphibian occupants got to their feet, or at least sat up. She took a deep breath. “The operation itself seems to be going well,” she began. “What I’m here to tell you is that... the company that provides our anesthetic contacted us about an hour ago, to tell us that the last shipment we received had been contaminated and is very dangerous.” She took a deep breath. “Unfortunately, we had already applied the anesthetic to Mrs. the Frog. We’ve counter-acted the harmful effects as best as we can, but... I have to tell you that it is a major possibility that she may not wake up.”

The old frog lost his grip on his walking stick and stumbled forward. Kermit caught him, guided him back to his seat, and sat down next to him, keeping a hand on his back. The other frogs sat down as well. The old frog looked up and nodded to the nurse for her to leave.

The room was completely silent. No one dared to say a word. Even the younger frogs, who didn’t completely understand, stopped their games and snuggled closer to their parents.

Robin rested his head against his mother’s side and watched his father’s face. He looked around and saw that one of his sisters couldn’t reach the comforting touch of either of their parents. He reached out and held her hand.

Jimmy hugged as many of his young frogs close to him as he could, but he kept his eyes looking straight down at the floor they were seated on. After several long minutes, he lifted his eyes to see that Leaper, who was equally surrounded by their children, was watching him, trying to give him comfort and be comforted by him as well.

Maggie held perfectly still. She was completely numb to the world. She knew that she was sitting on the windowsill. She knew that she was leaning against the cool glass. She knew that Croaker was holding her. But she couldn’t feel any of it. She couldn’t feel at all. She was afraid to feel.

Kermit kept his hand on his father’s back. He looked down at his lap and held back a deep, heavy sigh. His mother’s words echoed in his mind. He could almost hear her singing.

The old frog tried to focus all of his attention on his breathing. It was difficult for him to breathe. It was even more difficult for him to care about it. Air seemed so trivial.

The... light of... the dawn... will... show you...” Kermit’s broken voice drifted back into silence. His father nodded.

And then the nurse came back.
  6. TogetherAgain

<hides under rock>
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

And then the nurse came back...

Good God Lisa...

She may not wake up...

Holy pigeon snot Lisa...

Kermit singing...

Oh my dear Jim in Heaven Lisa...

Oh Lisa...Lisa...Lisa...Oh Lisa...Wow...Just...it's just...oh Lisa...

Thank you for this story Lisa. Thank you so very very very much for this amazing story Lisa. You are amazing, this story is amazing. Thank you...so much.
  8. Beauregard

*deep shuddering breath* Oh my gosh... *and I can say no more*
  9. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Oh no! The poor family!
    Lisa...this story is really great. It makes me wish that I could hug Kermit & his family.
  10. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

First of all, I have to point out the small comic relief in the beginning of the chapter and the reference to your characters in Moppet Family! I loved it! Is it Ann, is it Kelly, is it Tabby? Too cute!

Second of all, wow.....I can just feel the emotion in that room when the nurse came in and said she might not wake up. And poor Kermit with no "clump" And then the nurse came back in. *shivers* Must know what happens next!
  11. Beauregard

The clumps was (were?)...amazing...
  12. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for Kermit for his family picking on him. He doesn't have a frog wife and kids, because he doesn't want them, I think. I too, must know what happen's next.
  13. Fraggleforever

Fraggleforever New Member

I beg you, please let everything be alright!
    Awesome job! I hope everything is going to be alright.
  14. TogetherAgain

<crawls out from under rock>

WARNING: The following chapter contains THE LINE that I have been imagining over and over and over in my head since before I started posting this story... way back in September...

<deep breath>
  15. TogetherAgain

Chapter twenty-nine

The room immediately came to attention. The nurse could feel them watching her. She shifted uneasily. “Um,” she said, “I’m looking for Kermit the Frog?”

They glanced at Kermit. He glanced at his father and back at the nurse. “That’s me,” he said.

The nurse pointed behind her with her thumb. “There’s, uh, someone waiting to see you, out in front of the hospital? They said it’s urgent.”

Kermit’s frown deepened. He turned to his father. The old frog nodded. Kermit stood up and followed the nurse out of the room. “It better not be a reporter,” he mumbled to himself as he walked down the stairs.

He kept his eyes to his feet as he pushed the door open with a sigh. He stepped out into the sunlight and reluctantly looked up.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

Fozzie stopped pacing the walkway and looked up at his friend. Behind him, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Clifford, and Pepe, stood up from the bench and stepped forward. Sweetums stood behind the bench.

Kermit stood in the open doorway, slowly looking from one face to the next.

Gonzo stepped forward with his arms spread out and a smile on his face. “SURPRISE!”

Kermit took a deep breath. “Hi,” he said.

They stood there for a moment.

“Are you mad at us for coming?” Fozzie asked suddenly.

Kermit looked at him slowly. “Mad?” he asked quietly. He shook his head. “No,” he said. “I’m glad you’re here.” He let the door slip shut behind him.

They stepped out of his way as he walked over to the bench and sat down. Fozzie sat to his left, Gonzo to his right. The others made a circle around them.

“So?” Rowlf said quietly. “How is she?”

Kermit was looking down at his feet. He shook his head. “It... It’s not good, guys,” he said quietly. “She... The nurse... The nurse just... told us, that... Well she said... she said that...” He took a deep breath. “There... Something with the... the anesthetic... something was... was wrong with it... and...” He was shaking, and he couldn’t speak.

Fozzie put a hand on Kermit’s back. “Kermit?” he said.

Kermit looked up at him.

“Let us be strong for you this time.”

Kermit took a deep breath. “The nurse just told us it’s very likely... that...” he shook his head. “She won’t... make it...”

Fozzie hugged him. Kermit clung to his friend and buried his face in his fur, as the floodgates finally opened and he poured out ten years of tears for his mother.

Fozzie hugged his friend. Gonzo put a hand on Kermit’s back. Everyone huddled around the frog, supporting him, comforting him, giving him much needed time to cry.

They sat together there for almost half an hour before Kermit was able to sit up and wipe his eyes. “I... I don’t want to lose her,” he said quietly. “We don’t want to lose her, you know? The whole family, we... we still need her.” He looked around at them. “I mean, she’s sort of like... like the center of the family, y’know? And we all... we all need her.”

Fozzie nodded. “We understand,” he said. The others nodded.

Kermit sighed. “It’s still hard,” he whispered.

They were quiet for a moment.

“Well, Boss?” Scooter said. “At least you’ll still remember her when she’s gone.”

Kermit looked up at him.

“And you always knew that you had a mom,” Gonzo said.

Kermit turned and looked at him.

“And you’ve always known where you can go to see her,” Rowlf said.

Kermit looked up at him.

“And you can still see all your brothers and sisters,” Clifford said.

Kermit looked at him. He slowly looked at all of them. “I... I guess I didn’t think of that,” he said. “...Thanks.”

They nodded.

He looked around at them again. “Hey, um... guys?” he said. “Uh, if you guys are here... who’s taking care of the theater?”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

Dr. Teeth looked over the clipboard, then tossed it over his shoulder. “Alright, so what are we puttin’ in the show?” he asked. “How bout we give ourselves a number?”

“How bout two numbers?” Floyd said.

“Consider it done!” Dr. Teeth said. “What should we play?”

“Like, something rully loud, fer sure,” Janice said.

“LOUD! LOUD! LOUD! LOUD!”

“Down!” Floyd ordered.

Zoot looked around. “Wh-What?”

Dr. Teeth shook his head. “Go back to sleep, Zoot.”

Zoot shrugged and leaned back.

“Hey Lips,” Floyd said. “Let’s give you a little spotlight this week.”

“Sounds good,” Lips said.

“Alright, but we do need more in the show than us,” Dr. Teeth said.

Floyd blinked. “What else is there?” he asked.

“Like, Vet’s Hospital,” Janice said.

“Alright,” Dr. Teeth said. “And what else?”

They glanced around at each other.

“WANT MUSIC!” Animal shouted. “DRUM SOLO!”

“Rully, like, that’s all we know,” Janice said.

“We’ll cal it a tribute to music, and just do all songs,” Floyd said.

Dr. Teeth smiled. “It’s a good thing the frog likes music,” he said. “Alright, let’s start pickin’ songs.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

The front door of the hospital opened and an old frog stepped out, leaning heavily on his cane. The small group around the bench didn’t notice him, nor did they notice the little frog that bolted out from behind his legs.

The little frog ran behind the bench and tugged at the monster’s pant leg.

Sweetums looked down and smiled. He bent down and picked the frog up. “Hey little fella,” he said.

“Hi,” Robin said quietly as he hugged his friend’s thumb.

The group looked up, noticing Robin for the first time.

The old frog watched as they greeted his grandson. “Kermit,” he called.

Kermit quickly turned to him, and the others followed his lead. “Yeah Dad?” he said.

The old frog beckoned with his hand. “Why don’t you and your friends come in,” he said.

Kermit looked around at his friends and stood up. The others followed him as he walked over to his father.

The old frog put a hand on his son’s shoulder and nodded to the small group. “Your clump?”

Kermit shrugged. “My clump.”

The old frog nodded. “It’s a nice clump,” he said. Kermit put a hand on his back as he turned to go inside.

The group followed them through the doors. Fozzie turned to Gonzo, confused. “Clump?”
  16. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Oh...my...God...

That was so...amazing Lisa...The whole thing...they...they were there for him. They were there...

The whole discussion...Scooter...Gonzo...Rowlf...Cliff...wow...And Kermit's tears they're...they're so powerful, and they've been cooped up for ten years, and then...now they're out...wow...

And then you give us the EM running the show! Good grief Lisa! This is almost as bad as my Animal on caffiene gag! You make us want to bawl our eyes out, then we laugh our heads off! That's alot of lost body parts!

Then Kermit's father...his dad...his...CLUMP!! Good lord Lisa! His CLUMP! Kermit has his CLUMP! And...and they don't even know it! It's just so amazing! I shed a tear Lisa! I shed a tear!!
  17. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Ohhhh Lisa...*snif*
    I have tears in my eyes just reading that last chapter.Poor Kermit.At least he didn't feel the need to be strong for his family anymore. Thank goodness for Fozzie,Gonzo & everyone.
    Now I know what Kermit's dad meant by a "clump"
  18. Fraggleforever

Fraggleforever New Member

[Wipes away tear]
    ............poor Kermit.
    I am so glad he has his friends to comfort him.
    Please.....let everything be alright.
    Keep going. I want to read more please.
  19. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*nods sagely* Clumps are good.

A-yup.

-Kim
  20. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Oh dear, that was hilarious and bitter sweet at the same time, poor Kermit, and Lisa I gotta know was that one word, you've been working on since September "Clump?"