Swine Flu...

Redsonga

Reaction score
For anyone who is not concerned because you aren't a young child or an elderly person, I think it's important to be aware of all the teenagers, young adults, and people who are in their "prime" being struck by the illness.

By no means should anyone panic or blow things out of proportion, but I believe it is critical to practice common sense. Don't go to school or work or to any public places if you are sick and by all means, everyone should wash their hands. That goes for any time of the year, with or without flu. It's just common sense and courteous.

The way I see it, it's pretty serious, but nothing to be too worried about. Just be careful.
And just because you are young and an adult does not mean you can't be weak to getting sick, I know I am :sympathy:. Some of us just get sick often no matter what...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
To add a little humor, when you first heard about the swine flu problem, did you immediately think of that Muppet Show scene where Kermit doesn't show up at the theater, and claims it's because he has the "swine flu"? Then Piggy gets so angry she karate chops the phone :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm a freak when it comes to those sort of things. I don't mind getting dirty (XP) but I'm constantly washing my hands, esp. after I go to shopping centres where people cough and sneeze in your face. :smirk:
I'm the same way. After putting up grocery or something from a grocery store or something, I have to wash my hands.

To add a little humor, when you first heard about the swine flu problem, did you immediately think of that Muppet Show scene where Kermit doesn't show up at the theater, and claims it's because he has the "swine flu"? Then Piggy gets so angry she karate chops the phone :wink:
Too funny!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It is my opinion (lynch me if you must) that the panic caused by the hype is worse than the disease itself...then again I work in healthcare and while we're on a heightened state of alert, I know that we're also very prepared to deal with it and when you compare stats of those who are infected with regular influenza, it kind of puts it all in perspective.

So long story short, I'm just not that hyped up about it, but like I said, that's just me.
I agree! As far as the Media goes I think your right.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, here, they just confirmed five suspected cases - and one of them's in the next county over from me. But all those cases are fairly mild; they've all just been feeling poorly for a few days.

Since the company that makes Tamiflu is near the town I cover for the paper, all the reporters have been banding together for a joint regional story; one reporter does one about the pharmaceutical guys and the rest of us feed in details from our respective beats - what the health departments are saying, things like that.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Swine flu, bird flu, regular flu that mutates and a new strain comes out each year, killer bees coming from South America!

You all know this is the media riding this story until the cows come home, making everyone panic and fearful of catching the thing if they walk outside or shake hands with someone. Got news for you, you can still catch any one of the billions of bacteria floating around right now.

The media saying "you should wash your hands after you touch someone". Really? We all know you're supposed to wash your hands anyway. The media is putting more fuel into the fire.

Unless this thing turns people into zombies, I'm not worried at all. :shifty:

Nick22

Reaction score
Swine flu, bird flu, regular flu that mutates and a new strain comes out each year, killer bees coming from South America!

You all know this is the media riding this story until the cows come home, making everyone panic and fearful of catching the thing if they walk outside or shake hands with someone. Got news for you, you can still catch any one of the billions of bacteria floating around right now.

The media saying "you should wash your hands after you touch someone". Really? We all know you're supposed to wash your hands anyway. The media is putting more fuel into the fire.

Unless this thing turns people into zombies, I'm not worried at all. :shifty:
im not worried either. this is a normal flu. its not that big of a deal unless you are living in mexico

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
im not worried either. this is a normal flu. its not that big of a deal unless you are living in mexico
Well the people in Mexico have some of the worst healthcare coverage. Doesn't surpise people are dying over there from the swine flu or other diseases. That country is really poor. That's why a lot of people come over here illegally.....

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Well the people in Mexico have some of the worst healthcare coverage. Doesn't surpise people are dying over there from the swine flu or other diseases. That country is really poor. That's why a lot of people come over here illegally.....
The pollution there is also a factor. I remember the muggy air always smelling like car exhaust.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
(In a Sam Eagle voice) This is what happens when frogs and pigs marry! :attitude: :stick_out_tongue: