Sympathy for Fozzie

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear. Probably one of the most under appreciated muppets out there, if not in reality, then in the TV show. There he is, before a live studio audience, telling jokes, pouring his little Bear heart out, and for what? Pies in the face, tomatoes, the heckeling of Statler and Waldorf (Fozzie is the one they must heckel most). Come on! I, for one, feel sorry for him. I mean, how many times have we tried our best, only to be shot down (this happens quite a lot in art school). And he'd never quit comedy as a result. Even if he did, the spotlight would becon him back. So come on, even if you don't think his jokes are funny, laugh! Strain tears, blow out your vocal cords. Just give him the respect he deserves. I am well aware he is a character!

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I gotta say, I agree. Fozzie desrves way much more repect than he gets. Of course, then agian, a lot of Muppets are the same way. Maybe not AS in need of respect, but in need of it none the less.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think what you don't reilise is the fact that Fozzie continuse to keep going out on stage dispite all the critisism and hackling he gets each time is the reason why we love him so much. He remanes a symble of determination twoards a goal which to many others seems imposible.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I see that, I really do. I have to give credit to the guy for having such guts, but all I'm saying is, if we're to give sympathy for one Muppet because his or her braveness and guts aren't being shown, we should give it to all of the Muppets that have those same qualities.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I love Fozzie, and I'm glad he keeps trying....but sometimes I just want to give him a big hug. A bear hug. And then I realize he's mostly naked, and I get uncomfortable, and slowly back away.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

dwmckim

Reaction score
When used properly, Fozzie is a marvelous character (there can be times when he's used very poorly too but we'll leave that for another time right now).

Not only has he become underappreciated, but have you noticed how many times his name has been misspelled as "Fozzy" by people who should know better - i've seen this mistake in press releases and official material. Horrible, just, horrible.

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I completley agree. Those who continue to mispell his name deserve to be kicked! in the knee! and then you run away!:mad:

matleo

Reaction score
Aside from his determination, another wonderful part of Fozzie's character is that there is no is who is more loyal to Kermit as a friend. There's really a great strength in the character on a number of levels that makes him so loveable. Fozzie definaily sits amongst my favorite characters!!

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
I think what you don't reilise is the fact that Fozzie continuse to keep going out on stage dispite all the critisism and hackling he gets each time is the reason why we love him so much. He remanes a symble of determination twoards a goal which to many others seems imposible.
Exactly! People who do things like this seldom get any respect. I just posted this because Fozzie's my fave.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I also miss the Kermit/Fozzie friendship--that may be the hardest loss to BEAR (get it? wocka wocka!) that's come over the last decade or so. Fozzie has sort of become a peripheral character, and it's to the point now where Rizzo and even Pepe and Bobo :mad: have more lines than he does.

I miss Fozzie. Which brings me back to my earlier thought that I want to give him a big hug. :frown:

Quinnnnnnnnn