T*K*O - "The Recruit"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, D'Snowth, That's CRAZY!! I actually love it. It's so good! I myself liked the laugh track bits though, it made it feel like a good old sitcom, like someone else said. It's kind of funny, cause I'm some sort of zealot now... should I be scared of me? :embarrassed:

Oh, um, just one thing I'd like to add, for future reference. I liked the whole recruiting thing, but not the idea of TKO being a "private club". EVERYONE's a thread killa sometimes, right? :big_grin: But I do love how you made me so... enthusiastic, is that how I should put it. Everyone's character is really good. It made me laugh really hard. GREAT JORB.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT! As far as keeping "in touch" with our personalities; feel free to light me on fire, dress me as a giant chicken or make me a cyborg.

This is really fun; I wish all our threads were this popular... of course then we wouldn't be the T.K.O. would we?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meanwhile... At the network station...

Ted: Did you see that new show?
Baxter: Which new show?
Ted: The TKO Recruit.
Baxter: That was a show?
Ted: Yeah, they shot the pilot and sent us a copy before airing on the local affiliate.
Baxter: Oh, has the boss found out about this?
Ted: Don't know.

In the network president's office...
Jack Thundercloud: Yes, I saw it.
*Over the phone talking to his financier brother Eddie.
Jack: Yes, we greenlit the pilot and we're thinking of ordering a whole season to see how it goes from here.
We got it slotted for Thursdays at 8:30 PM EST.
Should go OK with that Moppet Family show we have anchoring the entire night's lineup.
OK, talk to you later.
*Hangs up and sends fax to the people of TKO with a signed contract for a season's worth of episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
*Hangs up and sends fax to the people of TKO with a signed contract for a season's worth of episodes.
That's exactly how many episodes I plan of writing: a season's worth. Which by today's standards would be 13 episodes. (Excluding the separate pilot).

That Announcer

Reaction score
(yanks incoming fax from machine, looks at it)
Yoiks! I better speed this along to Pepper! Vic, come with me. We've got a TV show here! Pick up that janitor along the way, and get that vice president while you're at it!

(pause)

I know he's looking at pictures of Elizabeth Montgomery! You think I care? Tell him she can make a cameo appearance or something like that! Come on man!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, hey!

I had an idea. How about a Full-Moon episode, where they go Zombieish and start axeing the threads?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
So we've been slotted to do a show that kills threads? What if we kill the show? Or even the network! If that's the case, let's target either UPN or the WB. Most likely we'll end up on FOX. :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**Is dying of laugher** Should we warn the stations that we're coming? :big_grin:

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
**Is dying of laugher** Should we warn the stations that we're coming? :big_grin:
Naw, let's just put our pictures up in a post office right now:

"WANTED: Liam O'Keefe
Known Aliases: That Announcer, lpokeefe, The Loner Kid
Crime: Thread murder in the first degree; resisting moderator arrest; despising Elizabeth Montgomery*
Reward: $10,000
Contact your local Thread Police today: (902) 420-1212."

*= Don't worry man, I actually like her. Not QUITE as much as you do, but I do indeed like her.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
WANTED: Dave Hulteen, Jr.
Known Aliases: Vic Romano, GTdAve, Big Dave
Crime: Whining, first degree murder of both good and bad threads, one of several thugs responsible for grand theft auto of the Electric Mayhem bus, calling Tom Cruise insane and running an international online music trading post.
Reward: $10,000
Contact your local Thread Police today: 1-800-MATTRES