Tangled actually beats Frozen to a TV series

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Lion King preschool thing? I kinda forgot about that. Haven't heard anything since the announcement and obviously it slipped my mind. Still, Disney used to LOVE TV adaptions of movies. Even ones that should have made it like Atlantis. I dig the movie and all, but it would have done better as a TV series. Even Tarzan slightly improved with that series (replacing Rosie O'Donnel with April Winchell being one of the improvements). It's like they just stopped due to their pop tween shows. I mean, a POTC cartoon series should have been a no-brainer. But it wasn't something they could shove up on ABC Kids (back before it was Litton's usual FCC Lipservice line up no one watches), or something they were willing to not make a pop star out of, so...
I for one would really like to see an animated adaptation of Pirates of the Caribbean, since they recently released Dead Men Tell No Tales, the fifth installment in the series...

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet: 1998-1999's Disney's Hercules: The Animated Series, based on 1997's Hercules with the first three episodes compiled into Hercules: Zero to Hero, where he is depicted as a high-school teenager going on mythological adventures with Icarus as his sidekick....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_(1998_TV_series)

mr3urious

Reaction score
If not a full-on film sequel or prequel, a Zootopia series would be awesome, too. It needs to develop Dawn Bellwether some more, as she could have used more backstory as to why she was the way she was, plus I just find her adorable. I could see Ginnifer Goodwin (Judy), Jason Bateman (Nick), Jenny Slate (Bellwether), J.K. Simmons (Lionheart), Don Lake (Judy's dad), Bonnie Hunt (Judy's mom), and Alan Tudyk (Duke Weaselton) reprising their roles, in addition to the staff members and professional VAs who played side characters.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"Pascal's Story" was such a lovely episode. It gave us a tragic and also heartwarming origin story for the little chameleon, in which his mom was eaten by a snake and later bit him when fleeing to the tower inhabited by a young Rapunzel who healed him with her hair (back when it had healing powers), leading to a long-lasting friendship between the two. Flash-forward to today when that relationship gets tested by Cassandra and Eugene, who unwittingly shove him aside á la Robin on TMS whenever he wants to spend time with her. Sure, it's a classic tale of misunderstandings and no one listening to the character who's too small and/or can't speak, but I like how it all played out, especially towards the end.

Maybe we can get an origin for Maximus in the future, too? :smile: