Taz-Mania

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Who here likes Taz-Mania, the early 1990s television series starring the Tasmanian Devil? I thought it was a good series, and although it was rare for other Looney Tunes characters to make appearances, I thought that most of the supporting vharacters were great, including Didgerty Dingo, Wendell T. Wolf, The Platypus Brothers, and the Kiwi.

It's too bad that episodes are not currently available on DVD, but episodes can be watched online, legally (and for free), at www.in2tv.com. I hope that more episodes get added soon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Definitely loved Taz-Mania, watched it nearly every day. The characters were so crazy. I guess my favorites were Bull Gator & Axl and also Buddy Boar ("Oh, that's Buddy Boar. He used to be a character on the show, but no one liked him. So they made him a producer!").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that on Wikipedia's page for Taz-Mania, it's mentioned that although Wendell T. Wolf was mentioned as a principal character in the opening, his appearances were few and far between. However, I don't remember the bush rats or the kiwi appearing in very many episodes, either, and they were in the opening, either. Wikipedia doesn't mention what it means by Wendell being referred to as a principal character in the opening (my only guess is due to him being the secodn character mentioned, besides the tasmanian devil family). It was also mentioned that the episodes with Wendell had inside jokes about the fact that he was in the opening but rarely on the show. I wonder what these inside jokes are. I saw two episodes with Wendell on in2tv.com, and didn't notice any such jokes.

But it seems like it was common for such jokes to be made about other characters. Wikipedia mentiosn that Buddy Boar made less appearances in the later episodes, and one later episode had a joke about this, stating that nobody liked Buddy so he became a producer on the show. In the episode Taz Like Dingo, Mr. Thickly made a cameo appearance as a dragon, mentioning that he's made that cameo because he hadn't been on the show much lately. So I guess that means that Mr. Thickly appeared less in the later episodes. And I've seen one episode that has a scene taking place behind-the-scenes, in which Hugh makes a cameo, saying "I bet you're wondering why I'm not in this episode".

in2tv.com has quite a few episodes, though I think they're mostly from the first season. I haven't watched every episode that's included there, but I haven't been able to find any episodes with Constance, Mum, the Bushrats, or Willie Wombat. I wonder i any epsidoes are available on youtube.

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved Taz-Mania. The way we learn about Taz's family life and that he does have a tender heart when it comes to his little brother and pet turtle.

And I like the antics of the two alligator hunters, Bull and Axl. The way they're always trying to hunt Taz so the zoo going children can see an actual Tasmanian Devil. And the banter Bull and Axl use reminds me a lot of Pinky and the Brain where Bull whacks Axl on the head for doing something dumb. But Bull did seem more calmer and polite than the Brain though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Axl had a breif cameo in an episode of Duck Dodgers. I think it was the Online Role Playing game episode.

Edit...

You may remember the familiar opening, but have you heard it's Italian counterpart?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how many recurring characters there were who weren't in the opening. Willie Wombat is probably the most major, and is reason for not being in the opening is most likely because he wasn't on the show in the first season. I think Francis X. Bushlad's father appeared semi-regularly, and Taz's uncle Drew wasn't in the opening (though he only appeared in three episodes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like quite a few episodes spoofed classic Warner Brothers cartoons. The episode Midsumer Nights Scream spoofed the Porky and Sylvester cartoons (Claws for Alarm, Kit for Kat), with Taz in the Sylvester role and Bushwacker Bob in the Porky role. And I just saw an episode, I forget the title, which spoofed Tree for Two, only with the dogs replaced by gorilla's, and Sylvester and the mean panther that often got mistaken for Sylvester in that cartoon replaced with Taz and Jake. Did any other episodes spoof classic warners shorts?

I also saw an episode titled Taz Babies, but only one scene in the middle of the show had anything to do with the title. How odd. I read a description for that episode, and expected/ hoped that more characters would appear, besides Taz, Bull Gator, Axyl, and a cameo by the Platypuss Brothers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know why the Bush Rats were enemies to Taz?

I have been wondering recently, did the show ever feature any team-ups between the following characters:
  • Francis X. Bushlad and Hugh, Jean, Moly, and/ or Jake?
  • Didgery Dingo and Bushwacker Bob?
  • Buddy Boar and Didgery Dingo?
  • Buddy Boar and the Platypus Brothers?
  • Wendell T. Wolf and Constance?
  • Jean and Mum?
  • Bushwacker Bob and Francis X. Bushlad?
  • Francis X. Bushlad and Bull Gator and/ or Axyl?
  • Francis X. Bushlad and Mr. Thickley and/ or Constance?
  • Willie Wombat and Wendel T. Wolf?
  • Willie Wombat and the Kiwi?
  • The Kiwi and Dog the Turtle?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently saw a You Tube clip from Taz-Mania, and I'd like to know more about that particular episode. The scene doesn't make much sense to me, at least not when out of context.

Anyway, this scene has Mr. Thickly's head and hands stuck in the holes of a wooden board (I don't know what it's called). I think Thickly was wearing a tasmanian devil suit. Anyway, Taz and Wendell keep stuffing food into Thickly's mouth and saying "happy birthday!". Wendell is wearing a boy scout uniform in this scene as well. Anyway, does anybody know what this epsiode is about, and it's title? And the context, of course.